Reconstruction including Nipples

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri May 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Kelly I wish you had a choice too.

While the sensation in the breasts have gone, remember the largest erogenous zone in your body is your brain.
Janette

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jaybee » Fri May 18, 2007 10:59 am

I'm sorri Kelly I wish you did too :cry: :hug: Even though they're reconstructed I would give anything to have the old sensation side back. I guess thats why I enjoy this forum we can all support each other and we are able to express our feelings makes us feel not so isolated :hugs: :hugs:

The support we get from here and our loved ones makes us realize that they love us for what we are and the person inside. You are no different to me, your are still the same person I met all those years ago, only better :kissy:

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby sedgymum » Fri May 18, 2007 10:45 am

I envy all of you girls who have a choice.

I have no chance of reconstruction and boy do I miss my nipples. The big O just isn't the same without them! :crybaby:

Sorry if this is too much information! :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Peace and hugs
Kelly
Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jaybee » Thu May 17, 2007 11:02 pm

Will do Kaybe, will keep in touch. I think our reconstructions do sound similar we will have to exchange flesh wound stories :hugs:

Chris I have put alot of thought into nipple reconstruction and no-one really likes to have any more operations than we have to, but I feel not much point having the face lift without putting the eyebrows back on. Just to look like everyone else (or just to look in the mirror and look complete) has got to be better mentally. DH wouldn't care if I had nothing, but after what he also has been through the reconstruction and nipple replacement is my pressie to him also (and us) mojo now that's a different thread isn't it?????? :pmsl:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu May 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Christine,
You're most welcome. I used to swim for close to 6 months. Now I get too cold and having surgery for 3 out of the last 4 summers has restricted my swimming for quite a few months each year. Watching a snake crawl into a crack a couple of months ago from the pool has cured any ambition for a late swim.
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 pm

You have a pool Janette; might have to visit you on a hot day in Sydney :biggrin: . i go up and visit my bestfriend in Rozelle about once a year. Actually she has a pool at her appts but from memory it was freezing!! Or maybe my daughter insisted on swimming and it was too cold for big people.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 pm

Kaye,
I have read of ladies having hairy nipples from the grafts. I believe they fell out though, the hairs that is.

Christine, I've been sleeping on my back for nearly a year and a half, I had to with expanders and I can't get used to my sides with the implants. I can't move when I wake up.

I swim topless in my pool while I don't think anyone can see, it would be nice to look normal. I put a new meaning to swimming topless after the masts.
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu May 17, 2007 8:43 pm

When i go to the gym and see women stripping down to swim, i realise i haven't been in that situation since my ops.
And kaybe, the silicone implants are so much more comfortable than expander. I couldn't sleep properly on bad side so i don't know how you bilaterals get comfy to sleep with expanders.
i suppose when i beocme single i may have anotherpoint of view. But i think i'll stick with platonic relationships. Much easier!!
Forgot to add, lovely to meet you too.
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

Kaybe
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Kaybe » Thu May 17, 2007 7:51 pm

Hi all.

Janette, thanks so much for your info. I dont know what type of implants I'll be having yet but it's great to know that they (hopefully) wont be as concrete as these expanders! I am currently using mine to crush pinenuts for pesto... just joking. It is very generous of you to offer to send some photos and I may take you up on it. I sometimes get ahead of myself and should probably just think about the next step, which is the implants. The nipples can come later.

Jaybee, I cacked myself with your crack about hairy man nipples! Well done. I hope the procedure goes well and please let us know how you are.

Chris, it was fab to meet you last week! I hope we catch up again at some stage soon. For those of us that have had bilateral masts, I reckon having one nipple would be pretty ace! You know the old saying, You dont appreciate what you've got, till it's gone. my surgeon said to me once that sometimes nipple reconstruction, or just tattoos can help psychologically like if you are at the local pool changerooms or something similar. Just gives the impression of being 'normal' I suppose.

Enjoying the discussion, thanks.

Kaye

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu May 17, 2007 6:22 pm

For me Christine it's certainly not for the projection. Just to look more normal.
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu May 17, 2007 5:19 pm

You know i have only one nipple and i find it easier not having the other. don't need to worry about sticking out etc. so it interests me that everyone wants them back .
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu May 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Thanks Jaybee,
I'll be keen to hear how you go. I should get mine done in a few months time. Sounds like it could be the same procedure.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu May 17, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi Kaye,
I have McGhan 410XP 445cc silicone implants. They are Mod height Extra full projection. They are such an improvement on the expanders in softness and comfort. I still know they are there though but it's just over 3 months since changeover surgery. You won't know yourself compared with expanders.

I'm having a surgical graft from inner thigh for nipples.

Feel free to ask anything you want to know and I'd be happy to email a photo of them if that would help.
Janette

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jaybee » Thu May 17, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi Jetj

Im having nipple reconstruction done in two weeks, my PS said that nipples are not done like you are always cold, will be large at first but will shrink.
I am having graft from my groin/inner thigh region and the procedure is day surgery. (hope not for hairy man nipples lol :pmsl: Nipple is created by underneath cross like stitch to create form of nipple mote made around the outside and graft placed in mote no tattoo.

I will let you know the outcome after June 1 if you like, hope this helps :wave:

Kaybe
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Kaybe » Thu May 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Return to “Reconstruction”