Good Things People have Said and Done!

Talk about anything here.
Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault
DxMay06 3cm IDC 5/15nodes ER+
2xlumpectomy
4xAC 4xTaxol 30 rad

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Janine » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:37 pm

Janine

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ann » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 am

Good on you Ron,

It does my heart good to read stories like this. It seems as though he really enjoys being with the kids, and they might keep him going through this awful experience.
Lets hope and pray that everything goes as well as possible for him,

Ann

:grouphug:
Carpe Diem

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:40 pm

What a hero he is Nav, I agree with Jan.
Janette

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh they do raine, Jan I agree - thinking cap on now!
he spoils them after every session with lollies and I know its out of his own pocket.

My boys love him and were a bit out of sorts when a young fella turned up
asking where is Ron. When the young fella (oh a premier league player)
said Ron is sick, my youngest said yeah I had a cough last week, he should stay walm at home :pmsl:

:crybaby:
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Rainenz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Rainenz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:49 pm

What an amazing man Nav, a truly dedicated and generous person.
Such compassion and love for the young ones. To come out when so unwell.
I do hope the kids treasure him.
Lorraine :kiwi:

Dx Dec 1996 LB 3.6 medullary, 6/14 nodes... Tx Lump, 6 x AC and 30 x Rads
Dx July 2006 RB 3.5 IDC + DCIS, 29/34 nodes... Tx Lump/Mast, 4 X FEC, 6 X Taxol and 25 x Rads. Triple Neg. BRCA1+

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:36 pm

People like Ron are the unsung heroes Nav, the true people who should be recognised as the Australians of the Year, not the overpaid "stars" who are usually awarded these honours.

Best wishes to Ron.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Arrived at soccer tonight - not competitive, but more like auskick with skills training
then a muck around game.

Ron is a beautiful old Scotsman, has been with my kids for 2 years, he has grown up kids and grand kids. Does the training on his own.
A young fella arrived and said Ron was in hospital although hoping to make it before
the session ended. He is so dedicated and amazing with kids.

I had an inkling he was sick as he had lost ALOT of weight and very pale
well it turns out he has pancreatic cancer.

He started apologising for not being "with it" as his meds are making him a bit drowsy
well I opened up and mentioned chemo, BC etc and off he went, think he felt like
I was a member of this horrible club.

He is on 12 different meds - oral morphine and not well at all
said there is nothing that can be done - ( understand that with this type of cancer)

This bloke turns up week in, week out to help train the kids, he just loves it.
Said he enjoys seeing how quickly their skills improve and loves that he is a part of it.
Its not like its the world cup, just 10 x 5 - 8 year olds trying to learn the rules and
gain skills. He had been in hospital for 5 days fighting an infection and still bloody made
it tonight :clap: :clap:

People like that are really special! Good on Ron :clap: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Nav

every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:32 pm

Yes Kim hope you have a great night as well as all the Melbourne girls.
Janette

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:08 am

Have a wondeful night Kim! This is the begining of the uphill track... :hugs: :group: :band:
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:03 am

KJ have a great night and too all the melbourne girls to have a great time too :hi5: :hi5: lparty party xxoo michelle

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:48 pm

heybabe thanks yes it is tomorrrow night looking forward to it about 120 people are going so it should be fun Im donating part proceeds to BC reasearch too xxx
Ill try to make it for a drink sat night ill see how I go Ill ring anyway if i cant come
have a great weekend
xxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Kim, this is going back yonks ago!!! isn't it this weekend that your kinder is having
a fundraising night to send your family off on a holiday ??

I just remembered because you were saying that you have a few friends around
this weekend and thats why you may not make it to our "melb girls get together"
you could bring them all a bit later on maybe ??? 6 - 6.30

I hope I got the date right and more importantly that your the belle of the ball because you deserve it honey :hugs: :hugs:
:hugs: what a special bunch of ppl, you obviously mean alot to so many :hugs:

Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 am

Helen,

Get all the hugs you can..you deserve them. The best ones I had during treatment were from my friends son.. he would just hold me so gently like I was going to break!! He's only 12 and such a SNAG. It's someones way saying you are special when the words wont come.

Best use for a bald head.. friends 14 yo daughter was sewing herself a hat.. used my head as a hat block cause there was no hair to get tangled in the thread! ha ha ha

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:34 pm

I have generally been a reserved hugger but since bc I found that people just wanted to hug me and I quite liked being hugged by them. I think it was their way of sharing their strength with me to give me what I needed to get through the treatment. So, like Ann, I will send you a variety of hugs to keep you going a bit longer. :wave:
:hugs: :hug: :grouphug: :hug: :hugs:
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Return to “General Discussions”