sixty minutes

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jayem » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Okay, my husband has just come home and taken a photo (trying to recreate the school scene) which I will now attempt to upload to our photo site. Be kind.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:54 pm

Yes My positive was the lack of hair everywhere else on my body!!! shaved my legs in June and didn't have to again until december. (you girls are a little bit luckier you have this in summer) No waxing other bits either, He He. I did have about 4 eyelashes on each eye at the end and very very thin brows, so thinking if I was doing the 8 chemo's and not 6 I would have been in big trouble.

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Well ladies, they showed the photo to me and, other than having way too many chins for my liking, it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately I don't get a copy until they actually do the processing and send them to the school. When that happens I will definitely post one on our board.

When you go to the Look Good Feel Better Workshop, practise the eyebrows. I gave it away today as a bad joke as every time I did the eyebrow thing I ended up looking like a demented clown - not quite the impression I was trying for.

I will add that with all the weight I have put on and the effects of the steroids, very few wrinkles were apparent. You just have to look for the positives!! :v_happy:
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:34 pm

As Jezza said, would like to see the photo, what about our pic thread?

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Love to see the photo jayem!

I bet you looked great.

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:32 pm

You go girl !!!!!!

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:33 am

I have always been fairly intolerant of fools but I think since bc I have mellowed somewhat. I don't seem to let the small stuff worry me so much. Quite strange really. My dad has been treated for prostate cancer over the last few years and we were just discussing this change in our attitudes last night. Perhaps when you do face a life threatening situation, life's irritations are somewhat inconsequential.

Here endeth my profound thoughts for a Monday morning. I am going to tart myself up, remembering the lessons from the Look Good Feel Better Workshop, and head in to school to have my photo recorded for posterity - sans wig, scarf or hat! NB I am wearing black and white so the shiny head looks good :wave:
Jan

cheryl
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cheryl » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:17 am

I too agree, there are more important things in life than that rubbish. but it does "sell newspapers" as the saying goes.

its just a sad reflection on the public that there would be a lot of people interested.
Cheryl

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Ann » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:00 am

yowyow,
I have to agree. I get a bit annoyed at these light weight issues too. I try to think back to my attitude before BC. On reflection, I think I do get more annoyed about that sort of thing now. Do others feel the same way? I wonder if we now realise how precious life is and how many important issues there are in the world, without our reporters wasting our time with this rubbish.
Ann
:roll:
Carpe Diem

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

sixty minutes

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:26 pm

Used to love sixty minutes, Cannot believe they would spend 20 minutes on the "mile high club" the reporter even asked how would you rate him out of 10 (meaning in the sack) what have we come to when this is important reporting. Maybe my priorities have changed but this is unbelievable. Now onto a Steve Irwin replacement story, I have to change the channel.

Return to “General Discussions”