CANCER VIXEN

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CT
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CT » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Thanks! :wink:

Christina
Dx April '05, age 29. 1.4cm, clear margins, 1/22 nodes,lumpectomy,chemo,zoladex,radiotherapy,12 months self funded Herceptin. 7 year cancerverssary been and gone! Double proph. mastectomy June 2010, expanders in, changed to implants in Oct.'10, finished 5 years of Tamoxifen Oct. 2010. YEEEHA!!!!!!

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:59 pm

BTW CT.......it is a great avatar!!

jezza

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:56 pm

Bumping this.....

Yes...its great Jacey. We had a discussion about this a few months ago and Janine provided the link below.

jezza

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

For anyone who didn't see it and wants to.... there's a long version of it here.

(I found it harder to read and prefer the short, hardcopy version. I didn't get all the way through it cos I gave up waiting for it to load.)
Janine

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Glad you read it. I meant to keep it but accidentally threw it out I think.

I'm always doing that!

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:23 am

finally got this off mum yesterday and read it this morning, WOW how well do we relate to
this. I can imagine us all nodding our heads with a knowing smile with every pic.

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Janine

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:44 pm

Nav

I've never been able to do that folding thing with the newspaper. Tried it once on a tram...totally embarrassed myself!

I read it in the morning before work....gotta do the crossword too.....I'm addicted.

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:56 pm

Jezza, how do you do it? I just cant keep the paper together when reading the Age, its so big. Think you must need a degree in newspaper reading. Before we had kids, used to watch hubby read and fold it perfectly in bed for hours on a Sunday morning. Some ppl can even do it on the train. I feel deprived!!!

Mum will have yesterdays Age (another one with a gift) Will get her to save it

Nav

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:53 pm

Read it.....loved it.

Glad others on this site read it.

Quite sad in parts though.

Loved the real photo of her & new husband.

Ally

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:59 pm

We have The Age delivered every day. The Herald Sun only on Sundays!!

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Will have to get it, get the sun delivered every day but the age only on sundays.

Sounds like good reading.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

CANCER VIXEN

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:56 am

Did anyone read the Good Weekend magazine in Saturdays Age newspaper?
It had a comic book memoir by a New York cartoonist who was dx with BC 3 weeks before her wedding. It is about 7 full pages long and well worth reading.
I liked the bit where she said she just wanted to go back to "worrying about her stupid, self absorbed, self-esteem, weight, bad skin, bad hair issues that had obsessed her her whole life"

We all know that feeling when that all that vanishes and you REALLY have something to worry about!

Funny but also a pretty good insight into what emotions you go through I thought.

Hope someone else reads it.

jezza

Return to “General Discussions”