look good feel better

Talk about anything here.
gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby gallopinggranny » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:34 pm

i don't want to be a sad sack, because i enjoyed the LGFB program i went to, but has the cancer council ever checked out the chemicals and crapp that is in the products donated? parabens are synthetic estrogens and makeup and skincare unless carefully chosen are full of it. i know there is no scientific proof that topical estrogens are bad for us but i am not taking any chances anymore. i have already said that the makeup is the one thing that i use with the nasties in it because those without it don't stay on, but i am not sure that the cancer council should be endorsing these products. what do others think? by the way Innoxa foundation has very few chemicals and their products used to be recommened by the Adelaide Hospital to their cancer patients years ago when my Mum worked as a sister in the radiotherapy dept. the most positive thing for me at the program was knowing that salt and pepper hair suited me, so i stopped colouring my hair.

GG :oops:
Onward and Upward
GG.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:06 pm

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 pm

Hey!!

Anyone checked out Jays photo on the pics forum??

Why bother with wigs?

Go Jay!

jezza

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:35 pm

I love the cap ones with the long hair. I've always loved that look.

Too late for me now. I have hair.

Ally

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi Jezza, I havn't seen them with hair attached, but at the look good feel better program they did have
Small fringes that sat under your beenie or hat and looked great! One of the other tricks they do with that is
to add something like a shoulder pad under your beenie so it looks like you have height/hair under it, with the fake fringe it looks amazingly real.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:08 pm

They are supposed to be cooler and more comfortable so a couple of my overseas mates say.

Jezza

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Has anyone googled the Hip Hats site?

They have caps, scarves etc with hair attached. They look great but are expensive I think.

Don't know if we have stuff like that in Australia.

jezza

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 pm

I already have a wig and I'm not at the head showing stage I dont think I ever will be only my mum kids and hubby have seen my nude nutt (oh and the poor kids next door ) My friends are a bit dissapointed but I loved my hair and I dont like being bald its just not me ...
But I can see that being a wig model would def help make the choice i'll be the eyebrow model
lol that im gonna need help with..
xxxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:09 am

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm

sounds great thanks girls I love makeup dont leave the house without it so looking forward to the freebies lol but more so the eyebrow tips
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Went to one back in September, just as eyelashes started to get bit thin, great tips for lashes and brows.
Lots and lots of laughs. lots of wigs, pieces etc.

Had a ball.

nav

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:37 pm

i went to one a few years ago and it was great to get the free make up. i got the best color lipstick that i have never been able to replace or to match. Very frustrating. As for the other stuff i still have it in the cupboard as i don't wear make up either.
Enjoy.

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:54 pm

I went to one a few years ago. Had a ball, it was a lot of fun. And I don't even wear make-up!
Janine

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

look good feel better

Postby Kj » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:42 pm

hey have any of you girls been to a look good feel better course im going in march to the one at peter mac they help you with wigs and makeup (like doing your eyebrows when they fall out ) and the bonus you get free make up
xxx

from Kim xxxx

Return to “General Discussions”