-Tributes- What the forum meant to me!

Talk about anything here.
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: -Tributes- What the forum meant to me!

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 am

For me there was an incredible bond formed over the years with some amazing ladies. The chatroom was a great social place to discuss anything and everything.

To the amazing ladies who are our Angels there is no tribute strong enough for the battle you fought to be here for your loved ones.

To Janine and Cheryl our forum founders you helped so many and pioneered our own Aussie Breast Cancer forum. :clap: :heart:
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:56 am

From Suzanne,
Thank you :heart:
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:53 am

From Bronwynne
It was absolutely a lifeline through some very bewildering - and dark - times. There was always someone ready to answer any comment whatever time of day (or night), even with the time difference from NZ! I have many friends on here now that all came about because of BCAUS, and even though I haven't met some of them in person they will always be friends through our shared journeys. I often think of the angels I did have the good fortune to meet with great fondness. Janette, you have been an absolute star keeping Janine and Cheryl's legacy going all this time :heart:
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:51 am

From Broni,
BCAUS was our heart and soul during some dark times. The meetings, local lunches and dinners, the continued Facebook friendships....it really was a focal point and helped to deal with the curve balls thrown our way. We remember fondly our pink sisters who went before us, and are thankful for the part that they played in our journey. Thank you Janette for continuing for so long the forum set up by Janine and Cheryl xx
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 am

From Jayne,
BCAUS to me was the light that always shined in my darkest depths. Incredible women that will never be forgotten. Thank you all sisters of the Bcaus Forum and to those who dedicated their time in keeping it going. :heart:
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:48 am

From Sue,
BCAUS was also my saviour when I was diagnosed. I met the most wonderful and compassionate ladies many of them Im still in contact with today on Facebook. I will never forget everyone who gave their hearts and love
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:46 am

From Kerrie,
This site was my saviour when I was diagnosed 10years ago. I really don’t know how I would have managed without the support and advice I received from so many amazing women. I was also fortunate enough to meet some of these women and I will always be so grateful for this.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:44 am

From Christine,
I will log in today. This site was my saviour when diagnosed. It has been very quiet each time I’ve checked in which is less often. Thank you Janette and moderators and everyone I met along the way :heart: :heart:
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:42 am

From Sue,
Michelle you have said exactly what this forum was for :heart: :heart: :heart:
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 am

From Shell225,
Oh gosh, It's a chapter we all shared and no doubt wished we could tear out of our book of life. I will forever be grateful for the support, friendship and compassion of each and every woman who graced it's pages. I have had the privilege of making friends who will last a lifetime, bonds forged in a tempest we all shared. To our strong, inspiring founders and our beautiful Angels each and every one of you is so sorely missed. Thank you seems almost trite, it isn't enough to explain the support and love, that flowed through those keyboards of each and every contributor.
Shell225
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:36 am

From Ruth
Sorry to hear but it’s been silent for a long time - can we still log in and see history etc? The forum was the main support I had back in 2012 when trying to work my way through the mire of treatment and deal with the big scary C - to all who were with me back then and to the women we’ve lost my sincere thanks for everything.
Janette

kerri
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kerri » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:42 am

I have only just been made aware of the forum closing. What a shame, but as you have said Jeanette, there are many other ways to keep intouch with each other. I can't believe the forum is 15yrs old, what a wonderful resource it has been. It has been a place of love, laughter, tears & best of all, it's been a place where new friendships have been made. I have a lump in my throat as I remember the chats, gatherings, photos, the music video that was created at one of the Adelaide gatherings & can still be viewed on You Tube. It has been a life line for us Pink Ladies & will always remain an important part of our journeys. I'm will always be grateful to those who created the forum & kept it running. I send my love to all those who I came to know from 2007 when I was first dxd. It's with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to the forum.
kerri (^_^)
dxd '07 age 36 with stg 2 grd 2, prog & est+ receptor 3cm. IDC, no node involvement, lumpectomy, rads & Tamox.
Strong family history of bc including my Mum who was dxd 2 months before me.
In 2007 I had a risk reducing oophorectomy and in 2010 had mast. & lat. dorsi recon..
kerri (^_^)
dxd '07 age 36 with stg 2 grd 2, prog & est+ receptor 3cm. IDC, no node involvement, lumpectomy, rads & Tamox.
Strong family history of bc including my Mum who was dxd 2 months before me.
In 2007 I had a risk reducing oophorectomy and in 2010 had mast. & lat. dorsi recon..

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:49 pm

I would hate to know how much time I have spent on this forum over the years! I loved coming on here to meet everybody and to see how much it meant to the members and especially those who were recently diagnosed and looking for information and friendship.

Friday night chats were great. The time just flew. The annual GTGs and the lunches in all the different states...Janine and Cheryl would have been amazed to see how much the forum grew.

They would also have been amazed at how the social media platforms have developed over the years. This forum was ahead of it's time but there are so many accessible online BC Groups now that it's understandable it's time to close the forum down.

The friendships we made will still continue. Thanks so much to Janette for all the time she put in and sending love to all.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Hello to all my lovely forum friends. :wave: I too wanted to post to say how important the forum was to me, and the friendship offered to me online and in person over the years. :grouphug: It made all the difference to have a place to come for accurate information, advice and support. Buckets and buckets of support for experiences that most other people had no way of relating to. And of course it has been a really special place to remember and commemorate our angels. :rose:

I am sad to hear the forum is closing :sniff: - but the reality is that it's a case of 'mission accomplished'. It achieved everything that Janine and Cheryl and our founding members set out to do, and much, much more. :clap: And special thanks to Janette without whose efforts it would have closed a long, long time ago. :hugs:
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

warpgirl
Superstar
Superstar

Postby warpgirl » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:23 pm

This forum was exactly what I needed 12 years ago. It gave me a wonderful source of information, support, comfort, laughs and friendship during my cancer treatment and beyond. I remember some pretty wild Friday night parties in the chat room!

Heartfelt thanks to the founders, Janine and Cheryl, all the members and to Janette for keeping it going.

Best wishes to all
Helen aka Warpgirl

Return to “General Discussions”