It seems quiet around here

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: It seems quiet around here

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi Ruth,
It sure is quiet. The new registrations are all spammers these days. Accordingly we've decided to stop registrations of new users for now. Hope you are doing well.
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Nice to see some. Of you who were so important in keeping me centred 8 years ago.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi Kerri
I'm so sorry to hear about the MS and the lump, I hope the lump is nothing sinister and the MS is not too debilitating. :hugs:
Janette

kerri
Guru
Guru

Postby kerri » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:11 am

Hello,
Just popping into say hi & check in on how everyone is doing.
I've now got MS amongst other things.
I have to go back to the breast cancer clinic in the Royal Adelaide Hospital as I've got a large lump in my right breast, the one that had the cancer 10yrs ago. If it is my bc returning I will be so upset. Fortunately the medical team & breast care nurse who looked after me before are still there, it'll ease my mind to see familiar faces. I have to be honest though, I'm feeling scared. :sniff:
kerri (^_^)
dxd '07 age 36 with stg 2 grd 2, prog & est+ receptor 3cm. IDC, no node involvement, lumpectomy, rads & Tamox.
Strong family history of bc including my Mum who was dxd 2 months before me.
In 2007 I had a risk reducing oophorectomy and in 2010 had mast. & lat. dorsi recon..

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:34 am

Hi Jezza
Good to hear from you, Im sorry to hear about the autoimmune problem I hope its not a bad one.

Make sure you all get a colonoscopy as you age, I would have had bowel cancer twice without them. A fecal occult test is not enough. Best to catch it before blood detection. :hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:07 pm

A friend of mine asked me to join a FB breast cancer forum (Aust.) as she was on it and wanted me to read replies to her posts. I was amazed at how active it was. I think people search FB for support groups these days and go on FB daily and get notifications of new posts and then read and reply. Last March I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and I joined a few FB support groups and found them to be really helpful.

I'm loving retirement and now can't imagine how I managed to work. I go to an exercise class 2 or 3 times a week (Drs orders!), walk my dog daily and catch up with friends whenever I like.

This forum was great in the early days and definitely ahead of it's time.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:36 am

Hi Chris
Thanks for checking in. Im enjoying retirement too. Seem to be busy though, 3 months volunteering at Fire Control.

Forum is very quiet as are lots of forums these days including caravan and motorhome forums. I think FB and the like takes so much of our time online that other forms of social media tends to be left out. Congratulations on your granddaughter I've been lucky enough to view the photos on FB. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

It seems quiet around here

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Hello All
Popped in quickly to check on everyone. Some of you stay in touch via Facebook.
I had a busy 2019 being acting assistant principal. 2020 is my retirement year. Time to relax and enjoy life and my beautiful grandchild.
Welcome any newbies reading. Hope everyone is doing ok

Return to “General Discussions”