Rare Side Effects

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rare Side Effects

Postby ruth1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Judy nice to see you posting - as Jeanette said -you've been through way too much and still ongoing!! I remember well being told about the risk of another cancer after chemo - of course at the time that seems like almost nothing - focus is to beat the one existing but now when the other arrives its back to facing all that again and more. Its so good to have your advice re blood tests - I will be asking my Dr next visit and remember to repeat annually. You certainly are having some ghastly times Judy and I can only hope the treatment works for you to keep things at bay for as long as possible - se's are awful so hope you manage the horrors well. I really hope you are having time out to enjoy life and see some happiness around you. Sending the biggest hug :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi Judy,
Thanks so much for the update. I was thinking of sending you a message asking how you were. I see stuff on FB but not the whole story and I really worry. Gosh youve had a rough time. I'm glad that you have pinned down the cause of the leukemia. Knowledge is power.

I think they are researching blood tests to try to be sure that chemo is necessary.

I dearly hope you are in remission soon. :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:50 pm

:hugs: hi judy,thanks for posting with that info about blood tests and the many effects of chemo,i hope all your treatment puts you in remission love and hugs to you.
Rosa

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Rare Side Effects

Postby JudyB » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi all. I was told very early on that my leukemia was caused by prior chemotherapy and I have been blaming it on my uterine cancer. I recently noticed on a FB forum for AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) that there were quite a few breast cancer survivors so I looked into it further. Apparently it's actually the C in FEC and AC that caused it. Obviously it's not a common occurrence and as we all know when told you need chemotherapy we are warned it can cause other cancers but we want to do all we can at the time to beat the breast cancer but it does happen.

I'm not telling you this to scare you but just to be aware. My leukemia was picked up by a routine blood test that my GP does each year but I'm just wondering about those of you that don't have regular GP visits or oncologist visits. Just be aware this can happen so don't think your full blood count tests are a waste of time and put them off.

As to where I am at the moment, I started hyperbaric chamber treatment yesterday in an effort to repair the lining of my bladder which was ruined with the radiotherapy that I had for my uterine cancer. At the same time I start my third round of chemo on Monday, this time it takes the form of two injections each day for seven work days. I'll have another bone marrow biopsy mid November which will hopefully show me in remission. They are hoping to do the transplant in late December once the hyperbaric treatment has finished.

Hope you are all doing well.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”