still miss seeing that little black cat profile pic chrismelb

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: still miss seeing that little black cat profile pic chrismelb

Postby Janette » Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi Suzanne
Thanks so much for posting the link. Very well written, and an such an honest account of such a cruel emotional roller coaster that Christine and Sam must have faced.

I do hope Sam continues to do very well in life and her article helps others going through similar.
:hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Fri May 10, 2019 1:02 pm

No, it wasn't a BC forum, just someone on this forum I am friends with on FB sent me a FB message. I think Christine was a member of an Advanced BC group on FB but I don't know which one. In every picture I have seen of Sam she looks stunning and I'd often said that to Christine.

Such a loss. I do miss her input on here but this forum is slowing down as FB groups have become so popular. She often made me chuckle with her bluntness and smile again when it was mentioned at her funeral.

Hope Sam continues to enjoy her teaching course.

Jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Suz60
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Suz60 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:53 am

Hi Jezza,
I looked on FB for the forum but wasn’t sure which one it was. I didn’t want to post on the wrong group! I can’t post a current pic of Sam, but she is looking divine and very well. She seems happy, but did say she’s been thinking about Christine a lot lately, hence her article. She’s writes like Christine but doesn’t have her bluntness.....yet! That was a trait inherited from our mother and Christine got the lion’s share of it!!

Suzanne

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Thanks Suz...I did read the article as one of the other forum members alerted me on facebook. The article was very moving and Sam wrote like Christine, very direct and honest. I miss her and have watched Sam grow up through the forum. I did meet her briefly once when Christine was dropped off at a getogether when she could no longer drive.

She often spoke of her amazing sisters and how much help they gave her, and of course her gorgeous Sam. I loved reading that she had done well at school and thrilled that she is enjoying uni.

Thanks again for posting.

Jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Suz60

Postby Suz60 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:32 pm

Hi everyone,
I've not posted since Chrisitine's anniversary last year. There is a gaping hole there all the time. I still think "I've got to show this to Christine", then remember I can't. The reason for posting is Sam has written an article of Mama Mia regarding Christine and finishing school just after she died. I think it's incredibly well written and hope it will help other people in her situation. Sam has gone back to uni this year thought to a different one. She's loving her teaching course and doing very well.

I hope I can copy the link! If not, it can be found on Mama Mia's website.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... kyePCKy_BQ

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi Suzanne,
Thanks so much for posting. I can only reinforce what others have posted. I wish you, Sam and family all the best. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Suzanne
Thank you for popping in and letting us know how you and Sam are. Christine was such a loss to us all but to you, her closest family, she must have left a huge hole.
I was fortunate to share a few lunches with Christine in Melbourne and met up with her at our Adelaide gathering also. She was such a strong, gracious lady who said it how it was. :hugs:

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi Suzanne

I first met Christine via the forum and then in person at the first Melbourne gettogether and at lunch later in that week when she invited Lorraine (NZ) and I to meet again. She was an amazing woman and I enjoyed her company enormously. Her strength and dignity were an inspiration to me and I draw on that now that I have more issues to face.

You would know more than anyone how proud Christine was of Sam. If Sam needs some time away from her studies to process all that has happened then no-one would be more supportive than her family. She will go back if and when the time is right.

Thank you for dropping in. As you can see, there are still a few of us who check in occasionally so it is great to be able to catch up on the latest with some of our earliest people. Christine still has a very important place in our hearts.

Best wishes to you and Sam.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi Suzanne

I really enjoyed getting to know Christine, through the forum and the many catchup over the years. I loved the way she was so blunt and would often say (and write) what others were thinking but didn't dare to! So good to hear from a member of her family with news of Sam ...such a beautiful looking girl.

I'm sure over time you will go back and read Christine's many posts. I know her sisters were such a support to her.

hugs

jezza

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am

Hi Suzanne - its good to hear from family and to know everyone is doing ok. I lost my mother to BC in my twenties and its a terribly difficult time. Well done Sam for making good decisions for yourself - hope you enjoy your nannying job and study will be there when you're ready to return to it. Good to hear Lily the black cat is ok too.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Suz60

Postby Suz60 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi everyone, this is Suzanne, Christine’s older sister. I’m # 2 daughter. I’m so sorry I’ve not posted on your forum, despite being given access. I’m in a mess tonight as last year I spent this might with Christine. I stayed the night at Caritis Christi and am so glad I did. She was having constant care though I wonder if the drugs were enough.

Her daughter, Sam, is a strong young woman. We were all very worried how she’d cope, but she’s done Christine proud! She stopped doing uni half way though this year and is doing a nannying job. She fully intends to return to studies next year. Yay Sam!!!

I still expect to hear Christine’s voice on the phone and
not a day goes past that I don’t think “oh, I’ll send that to :sniff: Christine” or “I’ll just ring Christine”. I watched the Lateline program tonight and am so very, very proud of how strong she was. All the best to her many friends and supporters here. I miss seeing her little black cat so
Much. Xoxo
P.S. Christine’s black cat Lily is going well. She adored black cats!!!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun May 06, 2018 12:37 pm

Hey Ladies,
We have a new member who has joined the forum, welcome Suz60, whom I hope will give us some updates on Sam and Christine's loved ones. :clap: :hugs:
Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri May 04, 2018 3:49 pm

When I was clearing things out before we moved I was sorting through some books and the order of service booklet for Christine's funeral fell out. I just stopped in my tracks and thought, oh Christine. I tucked it away again as I'm not ready to let that go. I found it again the other day when looking for something and had exactly the same reaction. I hope Sam is doing well too, it must have been so hard for her at a very important time of her life. She was so good at the funeral which really was a nice one as much as they can be. I will never forget her ex husband going up to the coffin to say something and he kissed his fingertips and pressed them to the top of the coffin on his way back. She was certainly loved by her family and friends.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Yes, I think all who knew Christine miss her too, not to mention her cat. I hope her daughter is doing well.
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Yes, her presence is missed. It’s great that you are still going strong after all these years :clap: :hugs:

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”