Support for Kelly (Sedgymum)

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
lindamaree
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lindamaree » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:07 pm

Dear Kelly
I am new to this site but am wishing you well . My profile has some simialrities to you - I forgot to add on it I had an enlargened neck node last recurrence. Skin mets especially are rare I find. If I can be of any help please ask.

Linda

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm fine

Postby sedgymum » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:58 am

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby outbackgirl » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:46 pm

chris
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby chris » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:57 pm

Jan
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Jan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:36 pm

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:43 pm

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:25 pm

Janine

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:56 am

Lark
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Lark » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:49 am

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post OP report

Postby sedgymum » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:31 am

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:50 pm

I'm thinking of you Kelly, wondering how you are doing and looking forward to hearing from you when you're up and about again.

I hope you have a quick recovery and a clear run from now on.

(Hi Jezza.)
Janine

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:04 pm

Hey Kelly

As I'm posting this you will still be in hospital. I'm hoping along with everyone on this site as well as breastcancer.org that things went well.

You have touched so many ppl with your set backs.We all feel for you. Yes losing breasts is terrible. I often wonder though as I walk through busy shopping centres how many other women there have gone through the same procedures. You do what you have to do for your health.

The wife of one of my workmates was dx last week....so she starts her "journey"

Hope to see you posting again soon.

Love

Jezza

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby sedgymum » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:58 am

Thankyou everyone for your support and virtual hugs. I certainly need all the help I can get.

I am in the process of arranging my left mastectomy. It will probably take place on Monday the 29th. The skin graft has finally started to heal along the bottom of the graft but the centre over the sternum is still gaping open about an inch. My surgeon is keen to wait a little longer to promote healing.

I am really struggling with body image issues! I miss my breast so much and will probably be just as bad next time.

I chose to live and if I don't do this operation I am taking too big a risk with my life. Being alive albeit breastless is better than the alternative.

Thanks again for the support
Peace and long life,
Kelly

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi Kelly,
Me too, I'm really sorry to hear that you are having such a rotten time. Breast cancer certainly does suck.
What will they do where the skin graft doesn't take? Will you have more?
I'll be thinking of you. (I think we all will.)
:hug:
Janine

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:19 pm

Hi Kelly,
I'm also very sorry to hear of your setback. Sounds like you're having a very lousy time of it.

I wish you well and a speedy recovery.
Janette

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”