Members suggestions what helped them thru hormone therapy

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
megg32
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Members suggestions what helped them thru hormone therap

Postby megg32 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:32 pm

it's hard to know what to do, seems damned if I do, damned if I don't

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:57 pm

DES happened many years ago although the effects may still be happening.

Tamoxifen is carcinogenic and the warnings are included with the drug. However I would discuss any worries with the Oncologist about any possible side effects and the corresponding advantages in taking the drug.

You have to question what a site's opinion is based on and how reliable is the site? I have absolutely no opinion other than take care we want the best for you.
Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JudyB » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Meg, Estriol has been discussed before. Click on search up at the top of the page and type in Estriol and see what it brings up. Be careful when googling that the articles you find are up to date, the one you posted was over 10 years old, interesting reading though.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

megg32
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby megg32 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:55 pm

just did a google search to see how much it was and found a website on Tamoxifen, has anyone heard of or been on Estriol? Not sure if this website is based on science or not, it does sound like a better alternative

http://www.all-natural.com/tamox.html

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Megg, they are not $61, please don't put off getting them because you think they are that much. I get Genox and that is $34.20 for two months.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

megg32
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby megg32 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm hoping to be able to get a low income health card, I am meant to have started on them however $60 is out of my budget atm, hopefully I can get the card in the next week or so, thanks for the info :)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Meg, the first time I got a Tamoxifen script filled I said no to the generic brand. They gave me one anyway and I think most places only stock one of the generic brands. I pay $34.20 a packet and they last me two months, one of my cheaper medications I have to say. I don't think you need to buy anything for side effects, you may have none. Apart from the hot flushes which are bearable I have very few side effects. Good luck, I hope you are the same.

Yvonne
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Yvonne » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 pm

Megg - I get two months supply at a time (60 tabs). Using my concession card it costs $9. The box says the normal price is $61. I've had different brands - no probs with any.
1999 Chemo, Radio, Mastectomy & Reconstruction. Oct 2008 Mets to lungs, liver, spine, adrenal glands, spleen. 6 cycles docetaxol. Now on Femara and Zometa. April 2009 - decided the liver mets weren't mets!! Changed from Femara to Tamoxifen after suspected progression. Feb 2012 now on Aromasin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Megg,
I'm not sure of the price but we have had members who have had problems with some generics, and not with the real deal and others who have had problems with a generic and not other generics. Be prepared to try a different one if you do have problems.
Janette

megg32
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby megg32 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm about to start Tamoxifen, I haven't had the script filled yet as I am waiting to see if I can get another health care card, is it expensive if you don't have a health care card? Should I ask for the "real deal"?
Should I buy anything else to be prepared for any side effects?
I am really not looking forward to this, any tips?

blue&white
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby blue&white » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi Janette,

I got the script from my GP.
Just asking around if anyone here has used it or considered it - for their viewpoint. :D

Thanks

Michelle

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi Michelle,
Are you PR+? I haven't heard anything of it but my thoughts are to check with your medical team. :hugs:
Janette

blue&white
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby blue&white » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Is anyone on - or ever considered using (bio-identical) progesterone cream? I had a script filled 3 weeks ago - haven't started using it - but am getting (hormonal?) headaches that aren't helped by strong pain-killers. I think this is my only option. There are some websites that say some amazing things about it. I just want to feel well again. Decision time.....

Michelle

Egel
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Egel » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:39 am

Marydean, I have no idea what the 'science' behind the soap is, or if there even is any. A friend with BC who is on tamoxafin and getting cramps tried it after finding references to it on the internet and thought it had helped. It certainly is cheap and in itself side effect free so thought I would try it. It does seem to help (coincidence?) although does not seem to get rid of the cramps completely. I have had the camphor in bed now for two nights and seems to have about the same result. No cramps the first night and one last night. I guess using it for a couple of weeks will give a more definitive result. I had heard moth balls under the mattress helped, no idea where I had heard that or what is the science behind it either. :D

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:57 pm

What's the science behind the soap? I don't get it.
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”