Members suggestions what helped them thru hormone therapy

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Members suggestions what helped them thru hormone therap

Postby ruth1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:36 am

Liz, I am on femara. Have been for over 2 years. Had quite a few probs in that time and finding now that my body is finally adjusting to it and problems are far less. These drugs differ from person to person - some people can take them with no side effects and others find them difficult. Hopefully you will find it ok. Call me if you want to chat.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:04 pm

:wave: hi liz,when I started taking the Femara I had trigger finger,joint pain mainly the hands,but it has settled a lot although I do physical work and feel very sore at the end of the day,I have other issues with it as well but hopefully your side effect won't be any of these or better still no side effects......Rosa

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:00 pm

I had similar side effects from all the AI's stiff joints and a bit of a flat mood. Hopefully you won't get a rash this time.
Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Lizzie
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Lizzie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:49 pm

No rash now thank goodness. I have been off the aromasin for just over a week. My onc is replacing it with Femara. Can any one on it let me know the side effects they have had?
When I google things like side effects it gives me the willies!
Better to get it from those going through it.
Thanks
Liz

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Lizzie,
That's good that she got back to you, seems the sensible way to go. Let us know the outcome. :hugs:
Janette

Lizzie
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Lizzie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Well the onc finally rang me back last night. She has taken me off aromasin for a week to see if the rash settles and then make a decision as to what to try next.
T leastthe rash is no worse just annoying now really.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Lizzie,
I think you were wise to ring the Onc. I would persist in trying to contact the Onc. If you can't contact her then a Breast Cancer Clinic, BC Nurse if possible or even GP if it doesn't settle quickly.

Please let us know how you go. :hugs:
Janette

Lizzie
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Lizzie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks Ruth I will ring again tomorrow if the rash is still there it has calmed down a bit tonight.
Bit sick and tired of being sick and tired
Liz

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Lizzie, I have just looked up rash and aromasin and there is an association. The heel pain etc is likely caused by it too. These drugs have severe side effects at times. I found the early days of taking mine extremely challenging. Its taken over 2 years for my body to adjust and I still have bad days. I do think you should recheck with Onc again and if the rash gets worse seek medical attention - it might be some kind of allergic thing.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Lizzie
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Lizzie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi all
I am new to hormone therapy having just finished my treatment a month ago. I am on aromasin and wonder if anyone else developed a rash on their hands ? Its only just appeared and I have been taking the aromasin for a month. My hands are a bit swollen and feel prickly when I touch anything.
I rang my oncologist about it but she is out of the office today and the secretary was rather unhelpful.
Also my heels are sore and painful when I walk.
Does any of this sound normal?
Its so hard to know when to worry or rush off to the doctor now. I was never one for going to the doctor prior to my diagnosis. I grew uo with two parents as pharmacists so there was not many doc visits!

Liz

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:41 am

Chris, it's my birthday suit if upstairs now, but in this heatwave, I'm downstairs on a mattress with their aircon running on economy (all night last night) Managed to sleep ok, but that could be the drugs I took for my neck. Cotton blankets are the go here for most of summer
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 am

Eirelass, go to sleep with just a sheet on, it is amazing how that can warm you. Try to sleep as cool as possible, and then add a light cotton/wool blanket if needed. I know that feeling of the pre sleep flush but not so bad for me now.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:19 am

:wave: hi Eirlass,welcome to my word with the sore heels,I was wondering if acupuncture could help I am going to look into it!...Rosa

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:39 pm

My fan, my fan! I can't live without it at the end of the bed. I seem to have a warm flush just as I'm drifting into sleep (that nice fuzzy zone) and then I'm shot for anywhere from 20mins to 2 hours :( Warm weather isn't helping at all, can't wait for cool weather. I seem to spend the night tossing the blanket off, dragging it back up. I don't get drenched, but it's just annoying.

Also my feet ache like heck - it seems to be just the soles ache, and after I've walked or exercised a lot. I'm like an old decrepit chook when I get out of bed, but it passes quickly. Don't know any solution for that yet, but hope to find something soon!
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

megg32
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby megg32 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm

She said it's rare to get uterine cancer, but it sounds like they might prefer that I was off Tamoxifen and on something else that causes less problems

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”