members suggestions on what helped them through radiation

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Janette

cheryl
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cheryl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 pm

thanks GG
Cheryl

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby gallopinggranny » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Cheryl i am away in Wagga at the moment, but when i get home i will look through some of my old messages - the bras from Mexico (or wherever they came from) that i have recommended many times, were just fantastic. during and after rads. :wave: ,
Onward and Upward
GG.

Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 pm

I always put my cream on as soon as I got in the change room after each treatment

I always kept some cream in the fridge for those really 'hot' days

Cotton singlets rather than bras (Im small breasted)

Rest, rest, rest..................

Speak to the breast care nurses, show them any areas of concern
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault
DxMay06 3cm IDC 5/15nodes ER+
2xlumpectomy
4xAC 4xTaxol 30 rad

Sheila
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Sheila » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 pm

It helps when you have a good rads nurse, as they are a wealth of information and keep an eye on you during your journey.

Ask lots of questions and plaster the area with lots and lots of cream after rads. I was told to use QV cream and this seemed to work well, I went through heaps of tubes.

Don't forget to keep using creams until well after rads have finished.

Cheers Sheila :)

cheryl
Founding Member
Founding Member

members suggestions on what helped them through radiation

Postby cheryl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:25 am

We are putting together a list of suggestions(which will become a "sticky"on the Forum) that we think will be helpful to others who are going through radiation.

Would you like to contribute, do you have any suggestions that helped you cope???. I know that over the years members have posted their suggestions, but if your memory is like mine you have probably forgotten what you said, especially if it was awhile ago. maybe you would like to
do a search of your posts and copy across any information you think would be helpful.
We will be attaching usernames to each suggestion and as we may get many answers the same, please don't be offended if your suggestion doesn't appear.

following is a list of some of the subtitles that we will be using.

= days before first rads (feelings and nerves)
= having rads.
= different side effects suffered and how they were managed
= coping with kids
= accepting help from others and what we found most useful (i.e. frozen meals, etc)

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm sure they will be very helpful to all our members going through treatment.

Yowyow and Jayem have graciously offered their time to help me collate the answers with a view to creating a "stickie".

thanks again for your anticipated help.
Cheryl

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”