catch up

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:18 pm

hey maybe with my fitness experience I should start up a pink ladies fitness track in melb (sorry girls interstate) we could walk around the tan or albert park and do exersise outdoors rather than in a gym
just a thought
and I would do it for fun not for a fee
kimxxxxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:36 am

Hi Jayem, Yes! your ok, curves is good. The "good" SIL used to work at one.

Oh, Yeah I remember being told constantly that excercise will help with chemo' fatigue,
I agree it can make you feel make you amazing.

But during chemo', I would get my kids ready for school and Kinder, make their luches, drive to kinder, walk James to school which was directly across the road (we can leave at 8.58). Come home and clean up, breakfast dishes etc,
SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP, wake up for lunch, maybe put a bit of washing in the maching, get something out ready to
cook for dinner. SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, deal with kids until bedtime, crash on couch watching the fav soaps SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Now that was enough excercise for me.

I think you just have to listen to your body, and your mind as mental exhaustion is also horrible.

It was only during the middle of Jan that I started NOT having a nap every day (finshed chemo OCT)
and still sometimes need one now. But I did used to be up late and wake early, which makes you feel a bit like
a newborn baby - 2 hours asleep, 1 hour up etc etc

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Hey guys, despite my fatness, I, too, was a gym junkie, well a Curves junkie. Does Curves count as a gym? I am tired of being tired and will look forward to getting back to some sort of exercise regime.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:29 pm

I'll be there!!!! no twist of the arm behind the back needed!! name the date. cheers
Yes I was a gym junkie too!!!,,now just regaining a bit of strength in our pool. I didn't have
the energy while on chemo' but would not have gone anyway as they do tend to breed a few germs!

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:52 pm

maybe ill catch up to your no of posts while you are at work lol look out>>
I have herc every week while on taxol so 8 weeks straight then every 3 weeks for a year but there are no side affects which is good well apart from the heart but mine is pretty tough. did you here on news today that women who exersise have 20% less chance of getting bc ok well did i tell you that i have a cert 3 in fitness and I love the gym I am missing it so much so y didntit work for me ha must be a hormonal thing maybe
I need a drink xxxha whos coming out with me when I finish taxol XXXX
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah, its like when huby gets home and gets on to get all his football emails (why he doesn't give his work address, so i can have this to myself, don't know) and I like think to myself hurry up hurry up!

Got 3 weeks work coming up, so will prob' start shaking about lunchtime if I don't get a chance to sneak in a log on at work.

1/2 way through, how long do you have to be on herc' for??

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:30 pm

hey jezza im working on 1000 postings so ill let you know xxxxxx
I though at first it was a nice way of telling me im addicted to my pc and this forum lol

from Kim xxxx

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:27 pm

I am having that injection Nav my bloods are pretty good i thinki just pushed myself too hrd easy to do with 2 little ones i'm doing heaps better though I have a heart scan tomorrow and then next week Taxol and herc so no more AC yeah..
It's so great to have you guy's I hated not going online I kept thinking about wat i was missing so sad huh.. but i couldnt get the energy up even to read it so not like me but hey sometime we just have to give in and recover I've def learnt that 4 more treatments then I plan to get back to normal well a better kind of normal...
i would really like a extra boob I feel ripped off lol gotta catch up NAV

xxxxxxx

from Kim xxxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:13 pm

Oh and I was wondering.........whats with all the ratings...your maj, hot shot, wasn't born yesterday.

How many postings do you need to qualify for each. What do you get if you reach 1000 postings??

Probably in the "instructions" but I can't see it!

jezza

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:06 pm

Hey KJ!!!!!!!!!!

Was wondering where you were.

Welcome back.

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Oh Kimmy, check out those boobs and count 'em girl!!!!!

Nothing like having a few bags of fluid pumped into you! does make you feel better doesn't it!

Don't feel soft because you crashed, you are doing the hard yards right now and from what I've heard you
have finished the hardest AC. Make sure you get in early next time if you really start to feel crappy.

Have you ever had that injection (unsure of name) to increase your white cell count? Worth mentioning to rick. A girl I started chemo' with had it every cycle by choice before she even got her bloods back.

Glad your back and feeling better, so if I'm right you've got this week off then start taxol.

missed ya

nav xxxx

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

catch up

Postby Kj » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:54 pm

Boy have I got some catch up to do I have missed heaps lol. I had a pretty bad week but I think im back now it was my last AC and It hit me pretty bad I Think it comes with having it every 2 weeks ita a bit intense I spent today in hospital getting rehydrated I felt so soft cause I had been doin so well but It has def made me feel heaps better thank goodness. anyway just thought id let you know It's great to have a whinge lol
now I gotta get reading
Gotta catch up to Nav she has jumped ahead of me lol
luv ya girls
:hugs:

from Kim xxxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”