Lymphedema

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:22 pm

Ozzie

I didn't know about the cellulitus when you had lymphoedema. Thats a really nasty infection.....as I'm sure you don't need to be told.Friend has recently been hospitalised with it.

I had slight swelling when I had my left mast. When I had my 2nd. mast. 6 months later they put the drip in my left arm and it swelled up really badly. I had rings on that they couldn't get off. I've never worn rings since. It was scarey.Things have settled down now and I have'nt had any more problems.

Hopefully yours will settle with time Kelly

jezza

ozzie
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ozzie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi Kelly.. it never get's easier if you ask me..Lymphoedema that is ..
There are several sleeves that you can get but it does depend on how bad your arm is..I have two types a light weight one which is a dream to wear but really useless for my arm.. but I do wear it ..the heavy one is horrid and I hate it but then its the one that is better for my arm..

Having had lymphoedema now for nearly 8yrs I am kinda use to it..My had sometimes flares up but not offten..

I seem to have heaps of trouble lately with cellulitus in the arm I used to get this twice a yr anything can set it off even a mossie bite..but now I find I have had it three times in 8 weeks not sure why ? prob I must be run down? I also have antiobotics on hand just in case as cellilitus hits so fast one minute all is ok the next you are so sick with tremors etc and the arm is so hot...

My arm is huge....

hope this has been of some help to you?
OZ.
Some Days are Diamonds ,Some Days are Stone.

DCIS,IDC,Grade 3 Stage3, ER/PR + HER2- (Aug 96) Bone ,Skin mets, (Dec06) lung mets (May 08)stage 4

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby sedgymum » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:07 am

Hi Nav,

I have a gaunlet rather than glove as I work in payroll and use computers heaps so need my fingers free. It is actually the fingers that are swelling (not normally a problem) and when I take it off at night my hand seems more swollen. In the morning it is much smaller.

Hope this makes sense.
Kelly
Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:49 am

Hi Kelly, I dont have LE but did use one for flying. When I was fitted for it
the OT said that it is so important to wear a glove aswell as the hand will
totally puff up.

Nav

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Lymphedema

Postby sedgymum » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:01 am

Ok, Can anyone help here,

How long does it take to get used to the compression sleeve? I have just been fitted with a class 1 compression sleeve for LE in my right arm. I feel like the circulation is being cut off at the axilla. My hand is more swollen than normal since I have been using it. It has only been a few days and I will perservere, it's just driving me mad!

Cheers Kelly
Some day I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where troubles melt like lemondrops

Away above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me!

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”