Mastectomy Hospital Stay Time

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon May 07, 2007 12:03 pm

you go girl so happy to hear you are doing so well :hugs:
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby gallopinggranny » Mon May 07, 2007 12:14 am

thanks Belinda. i healed up very quickly the doc was also impressed. i have even skipped my 12 week checkup. the only thing i can't do yet is wear underwire bras. bought a couple of new soft cup ones on Friday. i can't wait though to get some of the pretty lingerie that is available in underwire and not soft cup. i love all the gorgeous colours as well.

GG
Onward and Upward
GG.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Sun May 06, 2007 11:54 pm

GG - that's fantastic! So impressed you are back to the gym too!
Bx
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby gallopinggranny » Sun May 06, 2007 11:45 pm

girls i am now 7 weeks post my op, went back to the gym last week and doc doesn't want to see me for 6months. i feel great. thanks again for your well wishes.

GG
Onward and Upward

GG.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 pm

:bump:

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:02 pm

hey GG great to hear you are happy and doing soo well
Kjxxxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:34 pm

GG, fantastic to hear your feeling good, you will also feel better when the drain comes out
they are YUK.

Good on you for lapping up all that time in hospital!

Join the little perky boob club. yeah

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby gallopinggranny » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:19 am

hi girls, here i am back at the desk for a moment. thank you all for your good wishes - everything went so well i can't believe it is all over. the spinal block was absolutely nothing to worry about and i have been lying up in the local hospital for 4 days being treated like a princess. no pain. ioff right now to have the drain removed and on Fri back for the stitches to be removed. feeling good and looking very rested and ready for anything. it is so wonderful not having my nipple sitting in my elbow joint when i sit up, i keep looking down my shirt admiring my little boobs!!!!

GG
Onward and Upward

GG.

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:33 am

hi kj

i agree absolutely, im not a matyr, not by a long shot, if im sick i go to bed, if im tired, i get someone else to do it (usually the ironing), lol, im always too tired to do that.

But going to work, even part time, getting the house/kids organised doing everyday things, for me anyhow, helps to get rid of all the depressing thoughts bc brings with it. helps bring back normal life for us.

and you know, i think it helps the family feel better too, like Mums back and they worry less if i seem normal.

maybe your right about your dad, i think havinga life to live helps to keep us alive, (does that make sense).

Maybe thats why lots of people you hear about retire and then drop dead !!

keep well

xoxo
Lesley
Lesley
"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

dxd June 04 IDC RB
dxd Jan 07 ILC both breasts
dxd May08 mets to ovaries dxd Sept 08 mets to bone, abdo, lung

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:07 am

i get that though lesley !!! I take after my dad he had a double lung transplant and he went back to work fulltime asap we have to be able to move on I think it keeps us going alot of the people that had transplants when he did have passed and i wonder if its because they stopped their lives after the op

from Kim xxxx

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi girls

so they did the old sign switcharoonie on ya ? I thnk thats what happened with the bathroom/showers, some of the doors had paper signs stuck over the old sign. lol.

Sorry your chihauhuas arent much help, lol. Maybe you need a monkey, teach it to fetch things etc, besides that would be pretty fun huh.

I get into trouble too kj, went back to breast nurse second week after op, to see about burning sensation in sternum, the verdict, MAYBE you shouldnt go back to work two weeks after major surgery lol. (no sick pay), so went and bought nurofen plus instead, besides, i knew it would get better.

IAM WOMEN HEAR ME ROAR lol

LESLEY
Lesley

"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

dxd June 04 IDC RB
dxd Jan 07 ILC both breasts
dxd May08 mets to ovaries dxd Sept 08 mets to bone, abdo, lung

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 pm

The nurses changed it for a poor old fella that couldn't make it to the men's. Meanwhile there was no ladies toilet on the whole floor of the hospital, they were all mens.
Janette
Janette

Dx LCIS Dec 1997, Dx IDC, DCIS, bilateral LCIS Oct 2005 er+pr+her2-
Bilateral Mastectomies, expanders and silicone implants

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:00 pm

I had a great room all to myself. at first i was stuck next to an old guy who would moan all night so the nurses moved me to a different room I needed my beauty sleep i felt so bad for the old guy . I like you Nav stayed to enjoy the peace and quiet I watched dvds all day and rested it was like a holiday the boys came in everyday I did miss them but I needed to stay in hospital otherwise I wouldnt have stopped long enough to rest I keep getting in trouble for pushing myself lol prob why I crash so bad when I do. :bounce:

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:53 pm

Oh I am having a giggle girls! Janette was it that naughty morphine that changed the sign!

Lesley I think you are lucky you have your girls, my 4 & 5 (at the time) is why I prob had 5 days
in after my bilat', although I had mum and hubby around, there was always the "no I want mummy to do it"
so hospital was my best change of rest.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:42 pm

It sounds funny but I bet it wasn't at the time. I also had a shared room with 4. The poor old lady next to me made noises on the bedpan that I sware would wake the dead. An old fella in another room would call out all night and we had a lady who had 30 odd visitors at a time, every day.

I came out of the ladies toilet one day and they'd changed it to a men's.

Home's good but my Chihuahuas don't help me at all.LOL
Janette

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”