did everyone lose their hair with taxol

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby adelaidekat » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi Anna, you may well lose your brows and lashes....... but mine didn't go until quite late in the process. I thought I was going to avoid losing them, but all of a sudden they went. They have come back fairly quickly. I hated it happening though, and had heaps of trouble with watering eyes when my lashes went. Like Jacey suggested, Look Good Feel Good is really worth going to for hints on how to deal with it. If you do a search I think they have a website where you can see where they have them close to you.
Katrina

Dx June 2007, er/pr +, her2 -, 6.5cm tumour left breast, left mastectomy, 4/8 + nodes, chemo 3 x FEC and 3 x Taxotere, Rads 33 (25 + 8 boosters finished Feb 08) & Tamoxifen commenced Jan 08.

Jacey
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jacey » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Ana,
I went to a "Look Good Feel Good" program held for free at the hospital. Find out if yours is holding one and go along if you can. I and many of the others here have and found it useful. They will give you a bag of goodies and teach you how to draw in eyebrows etc.
Jacey

anna13
Guru
Guru

Postby anna13 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:56 am

Hi all :wink:

I'm having FEC chemo and having read all your posts on hair loss, I was wondering if anyone else is and if I will lose my eyelashes and brows as well? I'm losing my hair at the moment and that's distressing enough! I would be mortified if I lost my brows and lashes as well :crybaby: I'm due to have my 2nd round tomorrow.

Ciao Anna
DX 12 nov 07, IDC 1.6cm,Grade 3, ER+ PR+, SN+, 0/LN
3x FEC, 3x Taxotere, 6wks Rads then 5 yrs Tamoxifen.

Jacey
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Jacey » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:44 pm

HI
I did dose dense AC and Taxol
started losing my hair two weeks into chemo
9 weeks into chemo (just before starting Taxol) there was bit of somthing ( I think body getting used to AC hence a bit of growth?)
there was SOMETHING there but sparse ie. nude nut bald and then all my eyebrows and eyelases went.
it's been 8 weeks since end of Taxol and I feel ok about walking to the shops without a hat (still very short and sparse but ok)

Robyn
Guru
Guru

Postby Robyn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi there,

I lost all my hair on EC.......then 7 weeks radiotherapy and a couple of weeks after that in which time it started to come back just a little. Now on treatment no. 8 Taxol weekly plus herceptin and I haven't lost it this time, fingers crossed, 4 taxol to go. Hair now about 2.5cm all over, very curly. Grandson saw me for the first time today without a wig and was suitably impressed......although it is now all types of grey, instead of dark blond. Never the mind, as long as it stays put. I think the manuf. of taxol states rate about 50% experience hair loss. I hope this time I'm on the right side of the 50%.
My problem is just out of hospital after diagnosis of breast cellulitis last week. IV antibiotics and now capsules, has anyone suffered this little setback?

Cheers,
Robyn

jay66
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jay66 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I have lost hair everywhere, my eyebrows and lashes are now thinning out. But the hair on my arms are still there in full force, unbelievable. The only place i wanted to lose hair and I haven't as yet. Also I was a pretty hairy lady, dark hair at that! :pmsl:
Life, Live it.

Dx 7/07 DCIS 2cm, IDC 1.8cm, multifocal. Grade 2/3. 0/7 Nodes. Vascular Lymph Invasion. ER/PR- Her2 +++ under reconstrution lat flap, expanders. C cup

adminabcg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adminabcg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 am

[Just moved this topic from Member Pics to Breast Cancer thread.]
Janine
admin

cherub
Superstar
Superstar

Postby cherub » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 am

hey helly
eye lashes and brows for me were the last to go after completing chemo
both times but dont stress they will be back in a week
:heart:
Jennifer
Jennifer
Primary BC:
DX Apr 06 DCIS Gr3 St2B Oes + Prog + Lump & Aux 1 node+
TX: ECx4, Radio 6.5wks, Port, Taxol x12 & AI'S & have CFS
ABC:
October 08 Mets spine & Chest wall
Dec 08 mets liver - taxotere, xoleda & zometa
Jan 09 PPort - now still on Taxotere 18months
Mediastinum mets are taking my voice away
now for rads x 10 august 2010

helly_63
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby helly_63 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 am

thanx ladies its quite weird,

yesterday i noticed half my eyebrows are now missing,cr*p eyelashes prob be next and mascara is my no 1 acc...well yer fluffy stuff on my baldy head still growin frid have taxol no 6 then 2 blissful weeks off. I have less fluff on the top too but then i have had wbr lol
I once complained that I had no shoes,till I met a women that had no feet!

Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Helly,

Mine grew back on Taxol, but I knew another lady who lost hers. I guess its 50/50 chance either way. Lets cross everything and focus on yours getting thicker and thicker. :hugs: :hugs: Big Hugs.. xxMichelle
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault
DxMay06 3cm IDC 5/15nodes ER+
2xlumpectomy
4xAC 4xTaxol 30 rad

Ruth
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Ruth » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:35 am

Yep, I had the white fluff growing back on top whilst on taxol, very sparse though. Good news is that now my hair is starting to come back BIG time!! :v_happy: :v_happy: :v_happy: About six weeks since I finished and I'm so excited to see it thickening up quite fast. Best news though... my eyelashes and eyebrows came back a week ago - one minute I had none then within a week I could put mascara on!! :v_happy: :v_happy: :v_happy: I'm ecstatic about that! Just when I thought it was never going to happen.
Ruth :kiwi:

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:26 pm

i got fluff back too but then lost eyebrows and eyelashes arrrgghhhh i know weird huh
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi - mine started growing back on taxol, then seemed to fall and then grew again! by the end of taxol, I had enoughh hair on the sides of my face that the wig blended in. But, unfortunately, all the growth was on the sides, and very little on the top - the top took quite a while to come back.

Happy hairgrowing Helly!
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:34 pm

Helly, my hair thinned out with taxol, but didnt fall out.
Lesley
"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

cherub
Superstar
Superstar

Postby cherub » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:21 pm

sorry to stuff you up
I lost all my hair through taxol weekly for 12 wks
didnt come back till after finished
love
Jennifer
Jennifer
Primary BC:
DX Apr 06 DCIS Gr3 St2B Oes + Prog + Lump & Aux 1 node+
TX: ECx4, Radio 6.5wks, Port, Taxol x12 & AI'S & have CFS
ABC:
October 08 Mets spine & Chest wall
Dec 08 mets liver - taxotere, xoleda & zometa
Jan 09 PPort - now still on Taxotere 18months
Mediastinum mets are taking my voice away
now for rads x 10 august 2010

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”