The best Tamoxifen brand with least side affects?

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sarac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The best Tamoxifen brand with least side affects?

Postby sarac » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks so much. Think It will be trial and error! Teva was a generic brand and great.
Will see how I go. Thanks again.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi sarac and welcome to the forum. Didn't have tamoxifen myself but there have been a few discussions on here over the years about it. There seems to be a lot of concerns about fillers in the generic brands. I hope you have found or reconnected with a good GP who may have some suggestions or can refer you to someone who can discuss it with you. Hope yu are doing well.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi Sara, you probably need to do a bit of trial and error with this. I think Nolvadex is the closest to Teva - but you will need to question a pharmacist or Onc. You need the original drug with minimal fillers in the mix. It also depends on individual reactions too. I didn't take Tamoxifen as I am older so mine was Letrazole. I found the original brand being Femara the best and when it was unavailable for a period I took another generic brand and found it had fillers that really affected me.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

sarac

The best Tamoxifen brand with least side affects?

Postby sarac » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi ladies

Lovely to connect with you all. I've just returned to Australia after 10 years. I've been on Tamoxifen for 2 years in the UK using a brand call Teva. I've been pretty lucky so far and had minimal side affects (fatigue, joint pain). So, I now have to find a new brand here as they don't manufacture Teva here. Any recommendations from you all on brands you've used with minimal side affects? Would appreciate any advice you have. It's hard changing drugs.

Many thanks in advance.

120mm GR IDC with HG DCIS (total 135mm) ER8, PgR 4 HER2-
Local recurrence. OncoType DX likelihood recurrence 46.
Surgery, 4 EC, 4 accelerated paclitaxel, 25 rads.
Tamoxifen

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”