Chemotherapy

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
erint
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Chemotherapy

Postby erint » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:11 am

I had surgery, chemo, rads, 5 years of anti estrogen therapy and am coming up on my 10 year cancerversary, without a recurrance. I also saw a naturopath with a background in cancer support, who worked with my oncologists to provide support using supplements. I believe it was this "natural" support which meant I coped pretty well overall with minimal side effects.
My amazing surgeon (who also removed my thyroid 8 years ago after I developed a severe case of Graves disease) told me (when I asked) of another patient, who had refused her recommended chemo in favour of natural remedies, and relapsed withing 18 months, and died within 3 years. She (surgeon) was really upset as she believed this woman had had a very good chance of surviving her cancer, if she had used all the options available to her - ie chemo, rads, surgery.
For the record I found chemo relatively easy compared to rads. I had 4 daughters aged from 5 to 17, I got them to school, picked them up, cooked meals, took them to appointments, even taught my eldest how to drive (she passed on the first test) My life was pretty normal, apart from being tired (what mum isn't?) and having around 5 days out of every 3 weeks where I felt like cr*p.
No-one can decide what is right for you, but it is really important to get all the information before you decide that a conventional treatment is not for you.

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Chemotherapy

Postby jayem » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi,

Please, this is a question you should be discussing with your oncologist. Just remember that because something is on the internet doesn't make it so.

Best wishes
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Arhaz

Chemotherapy

Postby Arhaz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi,

I am very new to this. I was wondering if anyone in this forum said no to Chemotherapy and is doing fine.

I found some cases in the internet like
chrisbeatcancer

Please share your experiences with me.

Thanks,
Zahra

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”