Small surgical procedures are done!

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Small surgical procedures are done!

Postby Janette » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:17 pm

MO,
This has to be so frustrating for you. I like that your team are being thorough though. If measurements are inaccurate they could affect an area unintentionally. Hang in there and vent here whenever you need. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Small surgical procedures are done

Postby Mighty Oak » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Thanks Jezza. As always you girls just 'get it'. It's not an illness where you just take a pill and everything goes away. It's the ongoing little niggles which linger that get under your skin (no pun intended, lol). I don't like to whinge, I don't really think anyone does but it's great that we can vent here if things do get too much for us.
hugs, Mo xxxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:03 pm

Yes I can understand that the measurements need to be accurate but so, so frustrating for you when you just want to get it over and done with! Nothing you can do about it but come on here and VENT....bigtime. Please do..lol...You really need a break.

It's great that your medical team are not taking any chances and making sure that everything is as it should be before the mapping is done but I can see how its doing your head in.

Good luck with it all next week.

jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:10 am

Thanks Janette, Rosa and Winterlong for your good wishes. I went for ct and mapping today, but I was turned away again because of seroma! Aargh, so frustrated. I'm having it drained for about the fifth time on Monday. I've got another appt with radio oncologist next Thursday. I really don't know what they can do until it stops producing fluid as any fluctuations will adversely affect their measurements which need to be accurate. I have coped with chemo and surgery but this waiting for rads is doing my head in.
Hugs, Mo xxx

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Oh Mighty Oak.
That is rotten luck.
Let's hope this is all soon a distant dream.
:hugs: :heart:
winter

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 pm

:wave: sorry to hear you still going through stuff,hope it sorts it self out soon :hugs:
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:53 am

I'm sorry MO, I hope it stops soon, it must be so frustrating. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi girls,
Still a bit sore from day surgery last Thursday. Saw surgeon today and had dressings removed. I would be pulling my hair out if I had any because my pesky seroma is back!!!!! Obviously the adhesive wasn't the go. It looks like I'm going to have to get it drained again before my radio mapping on Thursday. It's been just over six weeks since my BMX and it stilled drained nearly 300ml today. My surgeon said it may settle with radio therapy, as that will cause internal scarring. He said it could be a dripping lymph gland. If I still have a problem with the seroma after radiation we may need to go the surgical route one more time. Oh well, what will be, will be!
Hugs,
Mo xxx

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:42 am

Ouch! I've had blood tests taken from my foot but can' t imagine having an infusion done that way. You have a busy week but the end is in sight :hugs:

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Yes I, too have heard others say how painful it is when they have to resort to a vein in the foot and I'm sure that you have a fairly high threshold for pain after all you've been through...poor you!

Breast cancer treatment takes over your life for a while that's for sure.A busy time ahead for you but the end is in sight! Hope you don't have far to travel for rads.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm

I had similar trouble with cannular placement recently for antibiotic infusions. I avoided the foot thankfully, I knew it was very painful. Anesthetists seem to be the experts at placement. I'm glad you have the port now and have had some surgical relief to the seroma build up. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Small surgical procedures are done!

Postby Mighty Oak » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:34 am

Hi all,
Went for day surgery yesterday afternoon to have my left port removed and right port placed. I also had removal of a small pouch of extra skin; and as my pesky seroma keeps filling up, my surgeon drained it and sprayed some adhesive between the layers of tissue!! Hopefully that's an end to that. There was a bothersome skin tag where he placed the new port so bonus removal of that too. So, I've got three dressings; left right and middle. Panadol is keeping discomfort to a minimum but I still have a twinge. I had the port moved because I still have 13 Herceptin infusions to go, and as you all know my veins are poor. Well, the anaesthetist had three tries at getting the drip started. Once in my hand and once in the crook of my arm which were both failures so eventually she tried a vein in the top of my foot. Holy bloody cr*p that hurt, more than anything else I've had done, I've got my post surgical check on Monday, Herceptin on Wednesday and radiation appointment on Thursday so a busy week coming up. I hope that the radio mapping is eventually done on Thursday so I can begin (and end) my treatment.
Thanks for listening girls,
Hugs, Mo xxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”