Pesky seroma

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pesky seroma

Postby Mighty Oak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Thanks Winterlong and Janette for your good wishes.
Jezza, it was nice to catch up and have coffee with my new friend. It's good that you also have such a great bunch of girls to meet up with. The camaraderie between those of us who've been diagnosed is wonderful. This is the one plus of having bc; you meet some great people, in the real world and the cyber world.
My seroma seems to be settling at long last. I'm almost feeling like my old self again (except lazier :wink: )
Hair and eyebrows have recently started to make an appearance.......very soft and patchy, but I'm not complaining!
my scars are looking very good now. I'm massaging bio oil into them twice a day and they are softening nicely. I haven't got my silicone prostheses yet as I thought I'd wait until after radiation. Although, I have to say, I'm not really missing them at this stage. I've got my berlei bra and soft forms if I want a 'full' look, but to be honest I'm wearing my Kmart crop tops most of the time and absolutely loving the freedom.

Hugs to all, :bighug:
Mo xxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:54 pm

What a nuisance having to keep going back to get things sorted....hopefully coming to an end soon. Yes it is nice to catch up with others who have been diagnosed. I hope your friend is doing well.

Actually we have been a bit slack with our catchups. The Melbourne girls catch up every now and then but I guess with the weather and all we haven't for some time. Here is a link to photos of one....we have had a couple since then I think. Rosa....you had a different hairstyle then!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13252

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:25 am

ports can be either a breeze or a pain.
I was in your camp Mighty Oak.
I hope they place it well for you this time.
:hugs: :heart:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:01 am

Hi MO,
Thanks for mentioning the forum to others, we are here to try to help.

I think your experience with seroma continuing for so long is possibly the worst I've heard of in quite a few years. It must be so annoying. You're amazing, you never complain.

I hope day surgery goes well on Thursday. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi girls,
Well, this seroma is certainly hanging around. I've been to breastcare nurse twice this week. On Monday I had 360mls drained and today another 325mls!

I'm booked in to have my portacath moved on Thursday, and to have a slight revision from prior surgery. Just a day procedure, so no great drama. If the seroma has filled again it will be an extra treat for the surgeon :wink:

I caught up for coffee today with a lady whom I met while we were both in hospital. It's nice to compare notes on our shared journey which has been very alike in some aspects and so totally different in others.

Just a side note; when I was in hospital I mentioned this site to a couple of ladies and also to a terrific nurse who works with a breast surgeon. The nurse said she'd let her patients know about it. I feel like a bit of a hog sometimes with all my posts, but you girls have helped me so much that I would like others to benefit too.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Hugs, Mo xxx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi MO,
Seromas are a pain in the neck, let's hope it stops draining soon. Great to hear you're feeling good though. Good luck with the rads, I hope you breeze through it. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Pesky seroma

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi girls,
Had to go and have this pesky seroma drained again. Last week it was 450mls, yesterday it was over 500mls! It is a painless procedure which is a plus! After final pathology my multi disciplinary team rated me as borderline for requiring radiation. Whilst that is good to hear I'm having the treatment anyway. My radio onc agrees. I Have a tentative appt with radio oncology in about 10 days but they won't proceed with any treatment till the seroma has cleared up. I also have a portacath on my left chest and they won't radiate with that in place. It was placed there initially because I've got a dodgy right shoulder that I didn't want to aggravate. But it looks like I will have to have it transferred anyhow as I still have 13 rounds of Herceptin to go. Oh well, there are always some little bothersome hiccups aren't there? All in all I'm feeling pretty darned good :D

Hugs Mo xxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”