Three weeks Post op....time flies!

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Three weeks Post op....time flies!

Postby JudyB » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Great to see you doing so well. My BC oncologist wants me to do the oncology rehabilitation program which sounds similar to what you are doing. It's three mornings a week for six weeks which of course makes it extremely difficult for me as I work full time. One of my biggest gripes is that there doesn't seem to be much available to women who work. I guess they think if you are working then you don't need it which couldn't be further from the truth. I work because I have to eat. I also tried to enrol in a swimming program years ago but once again it was only on during the day. :mad:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Three weeks Post op....time flies!

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:56 pm

MO,
That sounds like a great program to be involved with. I did the Encore Program and loved it, which is not as comprehensive.
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Three weeks Post op....time flies!

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi girls,
Three weeks post op and doing fine. Managing the exercises 3-4 times a day and finding the tightness around the chest easing bit by bit. I can even sleep on my side now :v_happy:

Had two seromas drained on Monday at my post op visit (450ml + 150ml) but will need to go back and have one drained again. I've been massaging bio oil into the scars as per instructions to help soften them.
Monday I have appt with radio oncologist, Tuesday a gated blood pool test and Wednesday I start back on
Herceptin :chemo: treatment.

I'm feeling pretty well, albeit tired at times, but I guess that will take a while to resolve especially with radiotherapy coming up. I'm walking the dogs with hubby and pottering around shops but really notice my lack of stamina. When I know my schedule for radiation I will enrol in the Revere rehab program which is run through my hospital. It is an eight week course covering relaxation, education, exercise etc., with access to physios, dieticians, psychologists. Seems like a good program to get involved in and meet others following a similar path. Have any of you girls done something similar?

Hugs to all :grouphug:
Mo xxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”