my daughter`s turn

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: my daughter`s turn

Postby ruth1 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:22 pm

very good news Jan and hope results next week are same. She is lucky to have a caring mummy to help. :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:07 pm

That's great Kiwijan, hoping the rest of Marise's journey is just as unremarkable.
:hugs: for both of you.
Mo xxx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:27 pm

That's great Jan, hoping the results are good with minimum further treatment. :hugs:
Janette

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:01 am

Marise [47yr old daughter of mine] had lumpectomy on Tuesday. Where I had to stay overnight when had mine; she was in and out on same day and flew through it saying "why did I take a whole week off work?". She has to go back to find out what is next but still thinks its radiation and no chemo. So part of her journey is over. :clap:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Big shock for you all Jan but it seems at this stage that the prognosis is good. My mum had breast cancer and it never entered my head to blame her. I don't know if it was hereditary but as us two are the only ones in our family to have had it, I suspect not. Of course you can never be sure but I just never felt that it was somehow.

Fortunately my mum and I both did well, my mum living to 89.

Very stressful time...I'm sure you will let us know.

hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Oh Jan that's horrible news. So glad that she not only has a supportive husband but she has you as an example. It must cheer her greatly to know how well you have done. You will a wonderful source of comfort and good advice for her. I wish her luck with her treatment.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:34 am

As mothers, we hurt when our children (no matter how old) are hurting or unwell. But it is not your fault. 1 in 7 women will get bc. The odds are that someone close to us will be one of those women.
Your experience will be a huge source of strength for your DD. Please kero us posted :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:22 pm

I'm so sorry Jan, seems like you are blaming yourself. There are lots of reasons that ladies get bc and hereditary is just one. If it is similar to yours, then you are a great example of dealing with it and getting on with life.

Please let us know how your daughter goes with surgery and diagnosis. :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:34 pm

:hugs: so sorry to hear this news Kiwijan,as a mother I can feel your pain.
Wishing your daughter all the best,please keep us updated
Rosa

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:20 pm

Kiwijan,
I can only imagine how distraught you are, as any mother would be. Firstly, it's not your fault. You did not cause this or want this so let that go. You've been on this journey for a long time so you will be an absolute tower of strength for your daughter. The fact they are talking radiation and lumpectomy at this stage is a positive, and if that changes and she needs chemo, that will be what is deemed best for your girl. My daughter had a health crisis many years ago and I can empathize with you as that was a more distressing time for me than my own path down the bc road. Lots of us will keep you in our thoughts. Good luck Jan, you know where you can vent if you need too!
Gentle hugs to you both,
Mo xxx

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

my daughter`s turn

Postby kiwijan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Well yesterday my 47yr old daughter came for lunch and to tell me that the day before she had got biopsy result [which she and her hubby had kept the journey so far to themselves; so it came as complete surprise to me]. She has breast cancer in almost the same place; same size etc etc as I had in my breast 10 years ago. I am devastated as nobody in my family had breast cancer until me and now my daughter has it :crybaby: She goes into hospital next week for lumpectomy and the talk at this stage is possibly only radiation; but will of course know more once operation is done and nodes examined.
She has a good outlook about things and also has a most supportive hubby. Geeeeez I past arthritis to her and we both have artificial hips. All I could think to say was " what a wonderful "giving" Mother I am, giving you all my health defects". I cannot put here what her reply was as I would be kicked off the forum :pmsl: Oh well here we go again after a 10 year break I am talking radiation; operation etc. etc. again. Thanks for letting me vent.
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”