Path report is in........

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
winterlong
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Path report is in........

Postby winterlong » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Lovely news Mighty Oak.
Good for you!!
:hugs: :clap: :heart:
winterlong.

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:07 pm

what great news on all fronts "grandma" or will it be "nanna"? :hugs:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Yes Judy...that's what I was going to say. I remember saying to my plastic surgeon that I felt like I had a tight bra on and had to feel to see if I had forgotten to take mine off at night! I thought it was because I had an expander put in immediately at the time of my mastectomy but it seems more to do with the actual op. I never had tightness under my arm...only numbness.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:51 pm

I still have a tightness under my arm where I had the nodes removed after nearly seven years. Sometimes I have to feel with my hand to see if I am wearing a bra or not. I can't remember if it has eased but it's still there.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:09 pm

Rosa,
The physio exercises are already making a difference to the tightness I've been experiencing. I noticed that it was a little easier tonight than this morning. All of my nurses without exception have been fantastic. I have been truly blessed with my medical team.

You are so right, Rosa, on my daughters ultrasound you can see the baby's tiny nose so clearly. It's already 6cm long and weighs 68g. I can imagine how keen you are for September when you do eventually get to meet your precious babe. I have to wait until around Australia Day!
Hugs,
Mo xxx

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:44 pm

:wave: mo I think the tightening will get better but I am not saying this from experience as I had a lumpectomy,it's great that you can stay until drains come out,I hope the nurses are nice as well.
Baby pics are so good these days,my son and daughter in law that got married 3 years ago are expecting there first baby,it's a boy,they are due late September. I cannot wait to meet him.
Rosa

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:52 am

Thanks, girls, for all your good wishes. I'm feeling better and better every day. Rosa, I'm still in hospital as I don't want to go home with the drains still in place. I guess that's the benefit of private health cover, I can stay as long as I want. I've been a good girl with my exercised as I don't want any problems with my shoulders in the future, (been there, done that!) it feels tight, like a thick band is around my chest. Does that ease over time?
Thanks for your congrats re my grandbaby. I've got the ultrasound pic on my phone! It's so great and I'm thrilled to be able talk about babies instead of bc.
Hugs,
Mo xxx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:01 pm

That's wonderful news MO. Congratulations on the expected Grandchild. :clap: :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 pm

:wave: great news mo,radiation will be a breeze compared to chemo,having a grand baby to look forward to is great news :v_happy: are you home now or still in hospital?
Rosa

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Good news MO. Great to hear that the chemo has been effective. :clap:
So :rads: and hormone therapy ahead of you? After chemo these should be a walk in the park.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 pm

That's wonderful news MO, things are certainly going your way at the moment. Congratulations on becoming a Grandma soon, how wonderful.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Mo great news all round - and a grandma too!!! Its turned into a good week all in all. I too had more tumours discovered on post surgical pathology. It felt good to have the whole disaster removed. You have had a very lucky result from treatment and I can imagine you feel very relieved. :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Path report is in........

Postby Mighty Oak » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi girls,
Final pathology is in and I have had a pathologic complete response to treatment :v_happy:
Initially my surgeon wasn't sure about the lymph nodes but final path report says no live cells in the nodes. My cancer has responded in the best possible way. My prognosis has improved exponentially. Dr. had a big smile on his face when he gave me the news. Prior to surgery he did an ultrasound on the mass in my breast....he couldn't locate it! However, behind the dead tumour he located a teeny cancer that is another primary which is er+/Pr+ my surgeon said the radiation plus a hormone pill for the next 5-10 years will take care of that. Apparently it's not that unusual to find other cancers during surgery. It wouldn't have been treated with chemo anyway. My breast care nurse said I may be prescribed Femara. Not really sure yet, I guess that will be sorted out by my post op appt.
Oh, by the way, I'm going to be a first time grandma early next year. :v_happy: :clap: :happydance:
Life is good.
Mo xxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”