Done and dusted

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Done and dusted

Postby jezza » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Oh well...my ops were 24 years ago and they weren't around then! Just never saw anyone mention them before . Good to have it so far behind me that I am out of touch!

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:54 pm

I too had the clear band across my chest and that was nearly seven years ago so they aren't that new. I remember waking up from the operation and expecting to have bandages wrapped around my chest and back, I was very surprised. LOL. It was a little confronting though because I wasn't quite prepared to see myself yet and it took me by surprise. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I expected.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:50 pm

It's great that they do look after you cosmetically if you don't have a recon. I'm glad you are doing really well. The new dressings are great even around the canula is such an improvement on the past. :hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Wow...that dressing sounds great. I hadn't heard anyone mention that before but it would certainly be so much easier for everyone involved. Seems like you have a great surgeon.

Hope the food is good in the hospital? Some hospitals these days have improved so much in that department but others not!...lol

Great that you are feeling well.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:45 pm

:hugs: mo,so glad your feeling well,rest up
Rosa

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:41 pm

5 days post op today. Feeling like a bit of a fraud taking up a hospital bed because I feel so well. My surgeon says that maybe the drains can come out Thursday or Friday. I have a brand new dressing on the wound which is virtually invisible to the eye which can stay in place for up to 25 days. The nurses keep coming in to have a peek and all are pleased that you can see what's going on without touching the dressing. When I first woke up after surgery I moved the bed cover to have a look and thought I'd knocked the dressings off! As my doctor is an onco/plastics surgeon he seems to have taken care over the aesthetics of what I'm left with. He did a bit of 'sculpting' so I wouldn't be left with pouching in the centre of my chest. I guess us bigger girls can present a challenge at times, so it's nice that some of them take care of us cosmetically even if you're not having a reco.
Hugs to all,
Mo xxx

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:20 pm

:wave: great to hear from you mo,all done and dusted,rest up
Rosa

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Great to hear from you MO. Glad that your spirits seem high and wonderful news about the chemo's effect on the tumour. Keep improving.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:04 pm

You have certainly earned a doze. So pleased to hear you are up and about and pain free. I remember my mum being surprised that I was sitting up chatting and laughing post mastectomy. But then mum would have been milking it if it was her lol
It must be a huge relief to know the tumour is finally gone :hugs:

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Well that's excellent MO!

jezza

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Yeah, sorry Jezza, I didn't explain myself very well. A complete response from chemo on breast tumour.
Mo xxx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:04 pm

You certainly have earned a doze MO. You've done very well. It is easy surgery if no expanders inserted. I hope you continue to do as well and inspire others. :hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:36 pm

So pleased to see you posting and that you are feeling good . I was the same after surgery, very little pain just stiffness lifting my arms etc. I even washed my hair in the bathroom sink in the hospital after a couple of days but I
don't recommend it...the nurses were a little cross with me!

What do you mean by complete response to breast tumour...that the chemo worked on it?

I did lots of walking around too, just to get a bit of exercise. You really are doing well so soon after your op but make sure you rest too.

hugs

jezza

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Done and dusted

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi ladies, surgery complete. Feeling really well and no pain. On targin slow release and panadol. Had complete response on breast tumour :-) but lymph nodes didn't react as positively :-( Won't have full pathology till Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't have a dressing on the wound just some clear industrial strength tape, so looking in the mirror all I can see is the incision. Not shocked by the look of it at all. I can now do up my dressing gown more comfortably without the girls in the way, woo hoo.
Been up out of bed since 8, walked the ward on and off. Apparently chemo makes your blood stickier and more prone to dvt. Im going to have a doze now. Think I've earned it!
Hugs Mo xxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”