Feeling blessed

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Feeling blessed

Postby jezza » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:54 pm

I was dismissed after 10 years and the up side of bi-laterals is no mammograms! I have only ever had one (after I was diagnosed and before my mastectomies).

You do tend to feel a little insecure at first but I was told just to come back if I had anything I felt needed to be checked. I remember telling my surgeon that I hoped I'd never see him again!

Yes Chris, something to ask your GP about.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:05 pm

:wave: I am guessing your gp would organise mamograme
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Chris, I'm not much help, I was dismissed by the Breast Cancer Centre at 4 years after bilateral mastectomies, so a very different scenario. I was told to go to my GP for a check. With Breast Sceen you used to be able to have yearly mammos.
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:55 am

Good point Judy. If the surgeon no longer sees me who orders the mammograms? Am I back in the hands of the GP or breast screen? Who is further ahead who can fill us in?

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Way to go Chris, wonderful news. Congratulations!
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:39 pm

:wave: hi judy,yes they do,but an examination does not detect a spread,and if you stop seeing them after 5 or 10 years as we all know a spread or a different cancer can happen.
Rosa

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:39 pm

Schoolteacher, I am so thrilled for you. Eight years clear deserves celebration. You are correct when you say it gives hope to all of us diagnosed with bc. I hope I can say the same after eight years; fingers crossed.
As a newbie six months ago, the ladies on this forum helped me with the uncertainties I was to face on this journey. Thank you for being one of those ladies.
Congrats and hugs,
Mo xxx

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Rosa don't your breast surgeon and oncologist do physical exams?
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:36 pm

:v_happy: great to hear school teacher,it's something to celebrate,I have just been ignoring and cancelling appointments,except for mammograms I just don't get why I need to just pay big money to just have a few minutes chat with surgeon and oncologist,but that's me,I can live with that.
Rosa

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:01 pm

That's great news. I know that my breast surgeon said no more him after ten years but what do you mean no more scans? You will still need mammograms and ultrasounds won't you?
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Feeling blessed

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:39 pm

So pleased to share that my almost 8 year post breast cancer mammogram/ultrasound was pronounced all clear. In two more years I can say goodbye to my breast surgeon and further scans.
To the newbies and those receiving treatment for early breast cancer, there is hope after a diagnosis and treatment :clap: :v_happy:
I am feeling fit and well again after surgery and chemotherapy in 2008/2009

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”