Cycle 8 - My last chemo

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cycle 8 - My last chemo

Postby ruth1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Mo I remember all of that very well - horrible business but just count down the days and hope it will all come good. It takes a while to get it all out of your system so keep drinking as much as you can - water that is! :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mighty Oak » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:21 am

Hi girls,
Well, this may be my last chemo cycle but she's not going without a royal send off! I managed to get over the weekend joint pain by early Tuesday and was then hit with gas and wind and a sickly feeling. Early Wednesday morning I had cramps and then the dreaded diarrhea. I had a bucket beside my bed, just in case, and I'm glad I did. When you gotta go, you gotta go, my impromptu 'potty' came in really handy. I've taken Imodium and I'm drinking plenty so I don't dehydrate. I now feel washed out and tired and will probably be in bed a good part of the day. I'm glad I don't have any more chemo as this has really tested the friendship!! Thanks for listening ladies.
Hugs Mo xx

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:25 pm

ahh the little reminders that hang around - hope it all leaves soon and you get back your taste buds - its so nice to enjoy food again.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi girls,
Had a very ordinary weekend. The bone pain has been pretty intense this round. Panadol and Ibuprofen took the edge off slightly. Now I'm just achey like I've got flu. My fingers are really tingly; my onc said this could get worse over the next six weeks :-( Battery acid mouth is in top gear also, but I know all these symptoms will start to dissipate soon because I've finished chemo :v_happy:
Hugs,
Mo xx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi MO,
You certainly deserve the celebration, you rock as do all the lovely ladies who go through chemo. To come out the other side with your wonderful attitude you will inspire others. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks girls for your good wishes. My furry mouth is early this cycle but I'm not blaming the chemo. I think it was the pizza and two glasses of champagne I had as my celebratory dinner last night. Lol.
Hugs Mo xxx

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:24 am

you did it!!! Big clap to you Mo :clap: It will take a bit of time to recover from it but you will get there.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:09 pm

:jumps: :dance: :hi5:

WOO HOO! Well done
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:23 pm

:clap: :v_happy: yeah to chemo finished. That will definitely be the hardest yards done and dusted. Herceptin is a breeze, as is surgery in comparison. Well done! Now rest and recover :hugs:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:25 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: it's something to celebrate mo,well done on getting through it all....Rosa

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Cycle 8 - My last chemo

Postby Mighty Oak » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:23 am

Hi ladies, This morning I have my last chemo (excluding my year of Herceptin). This has been such a long cycle as I've been calendar watching every day! I have to say that the last six months since diagnosis have gone pretty quickly though. I have learned so much from my reading and think I'm prepared as I can be for the next step which is surgery. I have been lucky as my side effects have been anticipated and not too onerous. At the beginning my doctors told me they were going to hit me hard with chemo because of the size and aggressiveness of the cancer. This scared me as I thought I'd be a vomitting cadaverous looking mess. That is so far from the truth. I'm bald and tired with no taste buds at the moment, but I DID survive chemo!
Also a big thank you to all my cyber buddies for your support and encouragement so far.
Love to all,
Mo xxxxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”