On SBS right now targeted cancer therapies

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: On SBS right now targeted cancer therapies

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanks Chris, I'm sure it should be online. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:39 am

It is probably available online Janette. I stumbled onto it midway and posted as soon as I realised. It told the story of the discovery of oncogenes and then Her2 and interviewed doctors, researchers and trial patients. It was really interesting

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm sorry I missed it, thanks for letting us know. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:39 pm

Totally agree. It was really interesting to watch after receiving Herceptin. Researchers work so hard and with new technologies therapies can only improve. :clap:

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mighty Oak » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Schoolteacher, This was an interesting doco showing how far science has come in the identification and treatment of bc. The development of targeted therapies offer a lot of hope to many more women who, in the past, would have had a poorer prognosis without the availability of these treatments. Year after year scientists and doctors are unwavering in their commitment to find better drugs and ultimately cure cancer. As a Her2 bc patient I am so pleased to have access to Herceptin, one of those targeted therapies.
Moxxx

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

On SBS right now targeted cancer therapies

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:25 pm

The science behind research, including the development of Herceptin

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”