Cycle 7

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Cycle 7

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Yes, this journey certainly tests you and you discover how strong you are? :hugs:

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JudyB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:44 am

So close now MO, less than a month!! You will be getting fitter and more 'normal' as the days get longer. You will be experiencing your own special Spring along with the weather :)

Hang in there, youo have done so well.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Tue May 31, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi ladies, day 7 of cycle 7 and the aches and pains in the muscles and joints have eased. No need for meds today, so pretty pleased. I do have the dreaded birdcage mouth which I will have to endure for a while yet, urgh! Tummy is a little dodgy but not as bad as last cycle which is good. I'm getting a little (very) impatient now chemo is nearly over. The finish line is in sight and I can't wait to do my little happy dance and swig champagne from the bottle. Hahahaha. In the upcoming months after surgery and radiation Im looking forward to reclaiming my life. Apart from my regular check ups I don't want to give bc too much of my time and energy. I will not live with the spectre of recurrence always dogging me or bc being a constant topic of conversation. What has breast cancer taught me? A big fat nothing! I will not give cancer credit for anything! What I have learned is how strong I am. A strength I didn't know I possessed. That came from within not from cancer!!!
Hugs to all,
Mo xxxx

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu May 26, 2016 10:11 pm

A big thank you to all of you wonderful ladies. You have been such a support to me and so encouraging. I am hoping to tap into your collective experiences again during the next stages of my treatment.
Hugs to my cyber pals,
Mo xxx

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu May 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Yeah to one left. I was so excited when the last one was finished that I almost danced out the door. I had surgery prior to chemo.
The chemo will have blasted the tumour so a short wait won't be a problem. You need to gather your strength again.
You have done so well :clap: :hugs:

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:54 am

Finish line definitely well and truly close Mo. You can close this chapter and give yourself a big mental medal for getting through it all. I was like Judy - the last was the hardest which surprised me - just couldn't get myself through the door. I don't think you should worry about the period between chemo and surgery - the chemicals will stay in your system for a while. I had to wait 6 weeks from Dx to surgery and I hadn't even started treatment so the lump felt like it was growing and invading everyday in my mind. It didn't and even my nodes were clear. I had that feeling of just wanting it all taken away.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Wed May 25, 2016 9:47 pm

You are doing so well MO and yes only one more to go. I found the last two the most difficult, in fact the last one but in reality it was no more painful or nauseating, it was just I was so impatient to start feeling better as I knew that once that started it would just get better and better. Personally I think chemo was the worst of all the treatment and I had a bad run with radiotherapy so that is saying something.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed May 25, 2016 9:33 pm

:hugs: the end of the chemo journey is almost over,you have the right attitude well done,hope you plan something special for the end of chemo :v_happy: ....Rosa

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 pm

I think you are amazing Mighty Oak and an inspiration to many. You go girl!
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed May 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi MO,
Your post says it all. You've achieved so much already and surgery will be soon enough. I think taking it as it comes is all you can do and I think your attitude is marvelous. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Cycle 7

Postby Mighty Oak » Wed May 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi ladies, second last chemo done and dusted today. Can't believe I'm so close to finishing now. In January when I was given information on my treatment it just seemed such a long way to the finish line. I know I still have a long way to go but I think (hope) chemo is the hardest part to deal with. I'm a little frightened of the time off between finishing chemo on June 15 and having my surgery on July 22. I just hope the rotten parasite stays dormant during that time. I guess that's the fear we all have once all active treatment finishes. Learning to live our days without being consumed by breast cancer. Learning to be present in our own lives and not sweating the small stuff. I've learned how strong I can be, as surprisingly, I haven't had teary moments. I dont have family except for my husband, son and married daughter. I thought my journey may be difficult without an extended family but to be honest I think it has been easier as I don't need to fill anyone else's expectations or see the sadness in their eyes. I do not feel sorry for myself and I don't want anyone else to either.
Well girls that's my post for today......seems upbeat I think. Wait for my weekend posts from bed with the aches and pains. Not so upbeat I'm thinking. Lol! Never a dull moment is there?!
Hope everyone else is travelling well. Hugs to all, Mo xxxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”