Cycle 6

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cycle 6

Postby The new girl » Sat May 21, 2016 1:17 am

:hugs: hang in there mo the end of this nightmare is near,counting them down is good just plan something for the last chemo to celabrate,something to look forward to....rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:28 pm

all those little extras are things we have to deal with MO. I remember my running nose being so out of control it was embarrassing. The other delights also. I think the stage you are at is hard because its almost over but not quite. Enjoy the good week and keep looking at the end coming up. :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Thu May 19, 2016 3:13 pm

you are going soo well Mighty oak!
:hugs:

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu May 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi all, been a few days since I've posted. I'm in my 'good' week at the moment. Round 7 of 8 is coming up next Wednesday, woo hoo! I'm now feeling the cumulative effects of treatment which makes my recovery each cycle a bit longer, and just when I think I'm better I get a bout of vomitting and diarrhoea out of nowhere which sets me back a couple of extra days. My nose drips/runs constantly and now my eyes have gone out in sympathy! My onc did say that my tear ducts would block up so at least I knew it was coming. Again, I tell myself that these are the normal and temporary side effects of my life saving medication and I'm grateful that it is available to me. The past five months have gone quite quickly and I haven't needed any extra management so, all in all its not been too bad a ride! (Haha, you can tell I'm in my good week).
Hugs to all,
MO xxxx

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Mon May 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Eirelass, you are too kind. I'm not doing anything extraordinary, just putting one foot in front of the other each day to get on with my life. Choosing to be happy is far better than wallowing in self pity.
I'm sure there will be other opportunities for you to speak about your bc journey and help others along the way. I admire anyone who can get up and speak publicly.....unfortunately it's a real phobia of mine. I hope you had a glorious day with your grand babies; lucky you.
Mo xxx

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Sun May 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Mighty Oak, you are amazing and an inspiration!

I was asked to speak about my BC at work at an information session for Immigrant Women on cancer, but it was my day with my grandson and new granddaughter. I would loved to have able to do it. Maybe another time - you, my friend would be a fantastic person to encourage others who face this too.

Bless you and more power to you :hugs:
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:01 am

not a great way to spend the day Mo but each day passes and it will be better soon. I too froze soups etc to get through the bad days and it worked well. Count down the hours and look forward to tomorrow being better. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat May 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Hey all,
Got the aches and pains today but it's not unbearable, more like a heavy flu feeling. Last cycle was really painful so I've been alternating ibuprofen and panadol today per doctors suggestion and I'm doing ok. As long as this is as uncomfortable as it gets, I'll be able to manage ok. Appetite is down but hubby heated up some veggie soup that I made and froze a few weeks ago. I can't taste it but at least it's a bit of nourishment. Spent today dozing on and off.
Mo xxx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri May 06, 2016 11:05 am

Way to go MO. Your attitude is inspiring. Nearly through the worst part. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri May 06, 2016 7:36 am

Love your attitude MO :clap: I took a similar approach to treatment. It was just something to get on with, a necessity to get through then life could resume again.
You are definitely in the hardest stage atm but you are nearly there. It's great that you have support at home. My hubby was a godsend when I was going through treatment

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu May 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi ladies, good to hear from my support crew!
I'm doing well today, no dramas apart from a forgettyhead moment with my steroids. Forgot them at lunchtime and only remembered at 8pm. Guess it could be a restless night. I do have temazapam on standby just in case I'm thrashing around in bed during the wee hours!
I remember how scared I was at the beginning of this journey, and while it is a shock to get a bc diagnosis, you just have to deal with it. Going to pieces isn't going to change anything except zap you of the energy to fight. People tell me how well I look and I take it as a compliment. I have read that others are offended by this statement because it seemingly minimises their struggle. I don't know, maybe I breeze through life with rose coloured glasses on but I'll take a compliment any day!!
With only two more cycles of chemo to go my mind is slowly turning to the surgery in July. In a way I'm glad I've had chemo first as I believe, from reading other posts, surgery may not be quite as tough to endure. Then finally the radiotherapy to round off my treatment. As I have done during this whole process, I will continue to gather information from reputable sites as forewarned is forearmed so they say. I am really happy to have the support and friendship from you gals.
This weekend will probably be a little tough, but guess what? I'm a little tougher!!

Hugs to all, have a great Mother's Day,
MO xxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu May 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Your son and hubby sound wonderful. So nice to have things done for you at home and a nice freshly made up bed is just what you want!

Good advice from your onc....hope Saturday isn't too bad. It certainly is a huge learning curve isn't it.

Hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:45 pm

I did the runny nose for ages - it was awful and happened without warning -had a couple of embarrassing moments.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Wed May 04, 2016 9:54 pm

How wonderful, so close. I remember the teary eyes, I ended up having to get antibiotics for them, it was terrible. Your oncologist is correct, stay on top of the pain, hit it before it hits you. Good luck.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Cycle 6

Postby Mighty Oak » Wed May 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi to all,
Had my 6th cycle today and now seeing the end in sight. It was a daunting prospect at the beginning and I didn't know how I'd manage the treatment. The very first appointment with my oncologist he said that most people manage ok and that it is doable. I thought at the time 'yeah, yeah' but he was right it is manageable. That is not to say it isn't hard at times but I'm very lucky that all I have to do is rest and look after myself and not have to deal with young kids or working etc. The ladies that do are real warriors and I take my hat off to them.
My son came with me to chemo today and was really impressed with the unit and the friendliness and knowledge of all the staff. I had my usual foot massage and left the chemo unit happy and relaxed. I returned home and hubby had vacuumed downstairs, changed our bed and done the laundry. What a champ!! :heart:

I know from last cycle that my aches and pains will kick in Saturday. My onc said not to wait till then to treat the pain but to start taking pre-emptive panadol and ibuprofen after my Neulasta shot tomorrow. I think that's where I went wrong last time.........oh well, you live and learn don't you. He also said I will probably start to get teary eyes as my tear ducts will block up. My eyes will match my nose which just runs like a tap constantly. I don't have a cold, just an annoying runny nose.

Hugs, MO xxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”