Day 3, Cycle 5

Discussions relating to primary breast cancer and treatment. Also for those recently diagnosed, and for those concerned about possible symptoms of breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Day 3, Cycle 5

Postby JudyB » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 pm

LOL yes MO, all my girly bits gone although I do still have one perky (had a breast lift) boob left :ouch:

I have been told that it will be six to twelve months before the neuropathy will be better but we are already almost six months in and it doesn't feel all that much better. My fingers feel a lot better but they too still get numb. My doctors were divided as to whether I should have the chemo as they were concerned about neuropathy and my last dose was cut back because I was having bad symptoms but I don't regret doing it. I would rather live with this than not live because I didn't have the chemo. I guess my feet probably are better, it's just such a slow improvement that I don't really notice it.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:52 am

Just curious Judy, will your cold feet due to neuropathy be permanent or will it come good after time? You've certainly had your fair share to contend with. I had pre cancer of the uterus back in '13 and had hysterectomy and ovary excision, and in July I'll have my bilateral mast., I joke to my hubby that I'm about as feminine as a plank of wood.
:hugs: Mo xxx

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:24 pm

I used to be a cold girl too but not any more. I am dreading the cold, my feet alread feel frozen from neuropathy.

:grouphug:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:25 pm

sending hugs to both of you, Mighty Oak, and Chris.

:hugs: :hugs:
:heart:
winter.

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Chrismelb, I hope you are enjoying the lovely Melbourne weather and feeling the warmth enveloping you in its gentle hug. My best wishes to you.
Mo xxx

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:28 pm

MO i used to be a cold girl but with no hair, again!, i am really struggling with the cold and am so happy if there is warmth in the air.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Whinge away MO, if you can't whinge here when you are going through what you are then what use are we. I wasn't up to much walking at your stage but what about getting someone to take you for a nice drive, not too far and maybe a walk through a nursery or something. I did that after my first chemo and quite enjoyed it. Nothing too strenuous but it got me out and about. Otherwise even go outside and walk down your street a little, only a few houses if that's all you can manage.

:hugs: :hugs:

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:30 am

I hear you Mo - that awful feeling of being completely bug@#red but restless too. I remember that well. I also found concentration on books, tv etc almost impossible. I remember my Onc telling me to do brain games like Sudoku -all I could manage was online solitaire!! Sudoku was way beyond my ability. As for weather - I still have 2 fans next to my bed and aircon for the really warm nights. Cant stand waking up hot but I do no matter what temp. Good that you have no joint pain so lets hope that continues. Whinge away - we have all done that before. Hope next week is better. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks janette and Rosa. Always a :hugs: when you need it.
Mo xxx

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:05 am

:hugs: hang in there mo,it's all normal feeling like you do, I remember the same,sending hugs your way,hope you feel better today....Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:55 pm

MO,
Please feel free to tell it how it is here. I don't think it is whinging at all. You are doing marvelously well, dealing with all you're going through. Hang in there. :hugs:
Janette

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Day 3, Cycle 5

Postby Mighty Oak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi all,
I'm feeling pretty flat today. Can't seem to get comfy anywhere. Don't know if I want to be in bed or in a chair. I'm tired but restless. Don't want to watch tv or read but I'm bored crazy. Aargh!
Don't appear to be suffering the joint pains from the docetaxel which is good, but I do feel like I'm dragging a sack of potatoes around with me wherever I go. Melbourne weather is warm which isn't suiting me at the moment. I'd really love a bit of an arctic blast! I feel more awake in the cold.
Sorry for the whinge ladies, but I know you understand what's going on.
Hugs to all,
MO xxx

Return to “Primary Breast Cancer”