Re reconstruction.

Here you can add and discuss links, books, and references to any other sources of information for those with breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Re reconstruction.

Postby Marydean » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Lulu, don't get me started on the subject of Private Health Insurers :mad: . It's worth discussing your financial circumstances when you see your surgeon because they may take pity on you and do it for cheaper, or they may be able to advise alternative ways to get it done more affordably (eg same surgeon, but on their public hospital list). At the very least they should be able to tell you what your public hospital options are, they vary depending on how many surgeons/lists each hospital offers. But take heart, I had a beautiful new boobie made in a public hospital by a surgeon who costs a pretty penny to do them in the private system, so try to keep your eye on the prize :hug:
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

Lulu
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Lulu » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:19 pm

OH WOW.... :mad:

It should be....you took it for free, you replace it for free too... makes you wonder why we pay the big bucks for our cover.
MULTIFOCAL GRADE 3 INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA 60MM, AND MULTIPLE FOCI 40MM.-HIGH GRADE DUCTAL CARCINOMA IN SITU OVER 110MM.-LYMPHOVASCULAR PERMEATION.-METASTATIC CARCINOMA WITHIN 3 OF 13 LYMPH NODES
all in the LB=chemo(ACx4)+mastectomy+chemo(TCx6)+rads(5wks)+herceptin(12mths)=Recon 22/6/11(DEIP)

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I have top hospital also but the cost of the surgeons would have put me out of pocket by @$8500..I went on the public waiting list i May..who knows how long it will take?

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Lulu,
Reconstruction shouldn't cost you anything under public health. The waiting list can be a little long but not too bad.
:hugs:
Janette

Lulu
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Lulu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:48 pm

This is certainly worth a read. Im up to this stage now and i have my first appointment with the plastic surgeon in Feb. I was knocked back with the cost of the tram flap even if your privately insured. Is this information current? Im with HCF and i was hoping they pick up the cost of reconstruction. Im scared to ring them because im affraid of what they will tell me :sniff:
I dont want to wait any longer if i have to save. :crybaby:
MULTIFOCAL GRADE 3 INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA 60MM, AND MULTIPLE FOCI 40MM.-HIGH GRADE DUCTAL CARCINOMA IN SITU OVER 110MM.-LYMPHOVASCULAR PERMEATION.-METASTATIC CARCINOMA WITHIN 3 OF 13 LYMPH NODES
all in the LB=chemo(ACx4)+mastectomy+chemo(TCx6)+rads(5wks)+herceptin(12mths)=Recon 22/6/11(DEIP)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Mine came the other day but it's still sitting in its wrapper. My next part of the journey is reconstruction so I will have to find it and read it. Thanks for telling me.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:17 pm

You can read the Beacon online girls.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

mdobson70
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mdobson70 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:50 pm

I hope I get a copy as I would love to read about it. I think you may get a copy if you have become a member of BCNA and ordered the my journey pack.
I am pretty sure the same people produce that magazine.
I might go onto the site and order a copy if I dont get one in the next few days.
Thanks for the heads up on this. :)
Dx Nov 2010 extensive DCIS, Dec 2010 Lumpectomy (no clear marg), Jan 2011 SNB (nodes neg) RB Mast
Grade 2 IDC ER+PR+ HER2-, Tamoxifen 5yrs

fitchick
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Re reconstruction.

Postby fitchick » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:44 pm

There has been discussion recently and queries re reconstruction following mastectomy.
Coincidentally, a copy of the beacon (bcna mag) came for me in the mail today. Does it come to all of us because I haven't requested it.
Anyway it is v good and the theme for this issue if you haven't read it yet is reconstruction surgery, with vg articles. Thought it would be of interest.
Early breast cancer (LCIS). Bilateral mastectomy Dec 2010.

Return to “Information and Resources”