One Year On

Discussions relating to Gynaecological cancers and treatment, risk, symptoms, etc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: One Year On

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat May 21, 2016 11:31 am

Good for you Judy, congrats! You sound like a very grounded person. Don't worry about anything until there is something to worry about.....I'm trying to make that my philosophy too. I don't want fear to prevent me from enjoying good times! Statistics may be a rough guide but they cant take in to account each individual. You've got a positive attitude which I find inspiring. You go, girl!!!
Hugs Mo xxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu May 19, 2016 7:25 pm

So pleased to hear that you got the all clear....all that horrible waiting and then such a big relief. You are doing so well, with working and all....no chance of going down to 4 days?

Great to read your update.

jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed May 18, 2016 10:18 pm

:wave: that's great judy,hope you stay clear and never have to deal with it again,keep going with your great attitude to life,no one really knows what's around the corner so we need to enjoy every day :hugs: ...rosa

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed May 18, 2016 9:59 pm

:clap: great news, love your reasoning and admire your strength of spirit :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Judy,
Congratulations! That's great news. Your attitude is so inspiring. I can't believe it is a year already. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 am

well done Judy - its good news and that's what matters. We all harbour the dreaded fear of you know what so you aren't alone and its a hard thing to keep pushed away. I think you are truly amazing getting through all this and back at work too. Stay NED!!! :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

One Year On

Postby JudyB » Tue May 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Just thought I would update you all on where I stand at the moment. Yesterday I had my one year check up with my surgeon for the uterine cancer. He had a look through whatever is they use (ouch) and then had a quick internal feel and can see or feel nothing to be concerned about :v_happy:

It is now just over a year since my hysterectomy and close to a year from the start of my treatment. I am very happy that there is still no evidence of disease as I am well aware that this is an aggressive cancer and the prognosis is poor. When I was first diagnosed I steered clear of googling because it was just too scary. I remember reading that statistics said survival rate at 5 years was only 20% and that freaked me out. I also read that the prognosis after a recurrence was around 12-18 months and that scared me too At least with the breast cancer I could talk myself into hoping for longer than that being ER+. Ugh I don't mean to sound disrespectful of anything the ABC girls are going through, this is purely how I could justify things in my head to try and make me feel better.

Anyway I have decided that even though I have to have check ups every three months still, alternating between the surgeon and my radio oncologist I am going to shove this into the back of my mind with the thoughts of breast cancer recurrence and only worry about it if I have symptoms. No one will tell me about the likelihood of recurrence after the five year mark, they just say not enough is known about my particular type as it is rare so I am going to assume that if I can make it to five years then surely such an aggressive cancer would have returned by then and I will be ok. That will bring me the 10-11 year anniversary of my breast cancer which is almost the point that I had decided I would let myself breath a bit easier about a recurrence. Yes I know it can recur 20 years later but this is how I am going to treat it. I will also be very very careful when walking near buses. :ouch:

Anyway that's it for me. Onwards and upwards, hoping I won't need to update until this time next year :D
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Return to “Gynaecological Cancers”