2nd chemo

Discussions relating to Gynaecological cancers and treatment, risk, symptoms, etc
kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2nd chemo

Postby kiwijan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 am

Judy; when you get to my age [74] trust me it happens to you all the time :pmsl: You can have a long conversation with someone while still thinking "who the heck is this?".
My thoughts and best wishes are with you while you go through your treatment :hugs:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi Judy,
It's lovely that you could have a chat with Cath. Something to brighten the day. I hope you have minimal side effects. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:59 pm

well done getting through this time Judy and nice to find someone to chat to - its always a bit awkward when you don't recognize a person - its happened to me.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:44 pm

:wave: hi judy,oh wow that would have been great to see a familiar face even thou you did not recogniser her straight off. Hope the nausea does not hand around long,but it could be the different meds, there is a nice lemon and ginger tea at woolworths I don't normally like ginger but this is mild I thought it might help with nausea well I agree the warmer weather we are going to get the next few days will be nice hope you can sit in the sun with a book for a while,take care judy :hugs: ....Rosa

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

2nd chemo

Postby JudyB » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:55 pm

I had my second carbo/taxol chemo today and thankfully it went ahead with no hiccups. I was sitting in the waiting room and a lady opposite me smiled at me, I smiled back and then closed my eyes for a little rest. I had already checked out the books and nothing took my fancy lol. My name was called and I got up and spoke to the receptionist and then sat down again. Once again the lady smiled at me. I smiled back and she did something that made me think she knew me. I couldn't place her and was thinking of all the people I had spoken to at Peter Mac but nope, my mind was empty. In the end I apologised and asked if I knew her, she said yes and I asked where from, she said the forum. Now I was really embarrassed as I still didn't know who she was and I had to ask. When she said Cath I was mortified! I travelled with Cath on the train to one of our get togethers, of course I knew her!!!! In my defence her hair is now darker and a lot longer. We had a quick chat but then I was called in.

Later when I was settled and was a bit sick of sitting and needed the loo I realised that I could probably go for a walk and find Cath so I did and we had a bit of a longer chat. It was great to catch up and made my day.

I have a script for Tramadol and am hoping that that and beautiful weather we are about to have will make this chemo and afterwards a lot better than last time. I do feel a little nauseous tonight which is unusual, probably because they gave me a different anti nausea drug because the last one gave me restless legs.

Well here goes :chemo:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Return to “Gynaecological Cancers”