Now I have Ovarian/Bowel Cancer

Discussions relating to Gynaecological cancers and treatment, risk, symptoms, etc
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Now I have Ovarian/Bowel Cancer

Postby Janette » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Oh Aussie,
I missed your post yesterday. I'm really sorry that the results were grade 4 cancer. I do hope you feel that you can always come here for support. We are here for you. :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:31 pm

:hugs: hi Aussie,Tracey is right I hope you still come on the forum so we can support you.......Rosa

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tracey Gibney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:04 am

Hi Aussie that is disappointing news. A friend has stage 4 bowel cancer and is doing well 12 months on from diagnosis , still working and living a full life despite being on chemo. Even though you have a different cancer now I am sure we will still be able to offer support so keep us posted.
Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm

:hugs: so sorry to hear this news Aussie.....Rosa

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi all
I got my pathology today and it's not good. I have stage 4 bowel cancer that went to my ovaries, not the other way around. I have lymph node involvement as well. I'll be starting chemo hopefully within a few weeks. It's a totally different cancer. 2 in 3 years?
I have been a bit upset and I know my sisters have been as well. It's hard to be positive at the moment but I'm sure I'll get there.
Thanks everyone.

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:59 am

Carol you certainly have had a lot to deal with I hope you recover quickly. Stay in touch and let us know how you are going with treatment. Sending you a hug Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:46 am

what a terrible time you've been through and somehow you still have to muster the strength to endure more. I really feel for you having to cope with the stoma - that would be very hard to accept but hold on tight to the fact that it is a temporary measure so there is an end to it.

Must be good to be home after all this trauma - you will need a lot of time to regain your strength and feel well again. Hope you have plenty of help to do that.

Good luck next Thursday and let us know how you go and what comes next. Sending you a huge hug. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi Aussie,
My goodness you've been through a lot since you last posted. Please no need to apologise for not posting sooner. I hope the results are as good as they can be. Lot's seem to get a stoma after bowel cancer. Good that it is a temporary measure. I visited a member years ago in hospital with a stoma. I hope you find it very manageable. I'm sure another member recently had a stoma for a time.

Please let us know how you go. :xfingers: :xfingers: :xfingers: :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi all
Sorry that I haven't been on but I ended up in hospital on 26th August. I had to call an ambulance because I was in so much pain. I had surgery on the 27th, they took out my ovaries and part of my bowel. I now have a stoma bag for 6 months, not happy about that. I only got out of hospital yesterday.
I had to have blood transfusions and was hooked up to all sorts of machines, I wasn't allowed to eat for about 4 days then it was just liquids then finally had food.
I will see my Surgeon next Tuesday to get the pathology results and see when my chemo starts.
I've been feeling heaps better since coming home but still quite tired and sore.
Carol

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Aussie, I just made it to my 5 year mark and was really ready to move on and get fit etc. It's nice to hear that your co-workers feel for you. Most of mine have been very good but a few have made my life intolerable at work and can't seem to see past what the extra work will mean for them. I am extremely disappointed and am taking the rest of the year off.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi Aussie
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Please stay in touch and let us know how you are going :hugs:

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:23 am

Hi Aussie :hugs: Massive, massive hugs to you, it must be such a blow to know you're going to have to go through it all again. Thinking of you, hope all goes well with your surg, etc. Let us know how you get on. :hugs:
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 pm

:hugs: hi Aussie,that would of been so tough telling people at work and seeing there reaction.
Do you have a surgery date?.....Rosa

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi all

Judy I didn't even get to my 5 year mark !!!

I told the staff at work today and a few cried which was hard. Some weren't their when I had my BC so I think it's a shock for them.

As far as I know Judy I'll have surgery then Chemo.

Judy, Janette and Rosa thanks for your support.

Return to “Gynaecological Cancers”