Now I have Ovarian/Bowel Cancer

Discussions relating to Gynaecological cancers and treatment, risk, symptoms, etc
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Now I have Ovarian/Bowel Cancer

Postby JudyB » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:17 am

Aussie, when I underwent my original chemo for breast cancer I had one scheduled for Christmas Eve. I was asked if I wanted to postpone it until after Christmas but I chose not to as I just wanted it all out of the way asap. If you are really concerned about it maybe you could ask to put it off for a week? I have always found that the day after chemo is one of my best days of the cycle but I of course I didn't have bags and pumps to worry about.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:13 am

:hugs: hi Aussie,you have enough on your plate this year,I agree with Ruth you should not have to worry about cooking for Christmas,others including family don't fully understand what your going through and when you just keep doing it they think it's ok but it's not,I know I am usually the do everything person but you need to put yourself first :hugs:
Rosa

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi all

Yes Janette the bag should hopefully come off in a year (maybe less) , Today nothing has come out so I'm a bit worried I may have constipation. Ruth I had a feeling that I would get one of my chemo's over Christmas.

I've had no energy today and have been feeling really tired but I've been eating well so luckily haven't lost my appetite.
The chemo pump comes off tomorrow so hopefully will start to feel better after.

Aussie12

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Aussie,
It's hard, I think we all like to think of Christmas as a break away from the day to day stuff. Just do your best and let others worry about it.

I imagine it's hard to find positives about a colostomy bag, although it's necessary and saves paperwork. I hope it is a temporary thing. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:47 am

Aussie that's really hard stuff!!! You will get through it but its not easy at all - especially with the add ons you have colostomy bag. I had awful diarrhoea throughout chemo and beyond. Dont worry about Xmas this year - let the others do it or just ignore it - its only 1 day. Having infusion the day before will make it a very difficult time for you. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi all

I was at the hospital today for over 3 hours, I had 2 drips one for 30 minutes the other for 2 hours then they put the pump onto the port. I've also had steroid tablets and more to take over the next 2 days. I've all ready got an SE, I can't eat or drink anything cold as my mouth and throat go funny when I do.

You won't believe that my 4th cycle is on 24th December !!! Christmas eve !!! So I will have the pump on over Christmas and it's taken off Boxing day. Luckily we are having a Christmas breakfast this year so it will be hot food !!!
I also had some diareah last night, I don't know why, probably nerves. Not good when you have a colonostmy bag LOL.

Will keep you updated

Aussie12

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:39 am

Yes I've found dental work to be so much better these days. Things are improving all the time painwise. When I was a kid we had a terrible dentist ...country town ...no other choice. I am on a FB group for that town and we swap horror stories about it!

I was slapped once by the dentist and my sister actually escaped!! She jumped out of the chair, ran past mum in the waiting room and out into the street...lol

I really like my current dentist...sure it's not actually fun but it doesn't hurt and you feel really proud of yourself when you have had the work done. I still somehow seem to put it off a bit though!

It's good that you've found a reasonably priced one too Aussie. I have stopped going to a couple because of their prices.

Hope your chemo goes well.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:33 pm

I nearly fell asleep during my root canal!,
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 pm

That's not too bad, Aussie cost wise. Good to have them fixed before chemo. I've never been too sensitive to having fillings, I nearly fell asleep once. I don't have needles, not even for root canal. Having a tooth pulled is different though, need the needle. Good luck with it all. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi all

Judy and Janette I went to the Dentist and had an x-ray and examination and am booked in for next Tuesday for 2 fillings, there the teeth that hurt. I'm with HBF in WA which covers minor dental. My bill today was $163.00 and I only had to pay $65.00, next weeks bill is $371.00 and I pay $148.00 so not too bad. My teeth need a bit of work but not as bad as I thought.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 pm

The dentist doesn't worry me at all. It's the cost that concerns me. :ouch: I hope you breeze through the dentist visit and the chemo. :hugs:
Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:57 am

Depending on how long it's been since you have been to the dentist you might be surprised how much they have changed. I had a root canal done after my first chemo 6 years ago and was honestly surprised at how easy and painless it was, especially after hearing everyone else talk about their experiences. The most painful part of the dentist is the bill. It's good though that you are getting everything there checked out. I hope it's not as bad as you are imagining.

Ports take a bit of getting used to but they are brilliant, I love my port.

Best of luck with the next part of your treatment, it's all starting to fall into place.

:hugs:

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi all

I'm getting my port done next Monday now and still going to the hospital on Friday for an orientation session. I am going to the Dentist tomorrow as well, my teeth are pretty bad and sore at the moment. I'm more scared of the Dentist than the Chemo I'm going to have !!!

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks aussie for the drugs, i always like to know!! i had the last one in FEC but never heard of that regime of course as everything is so different in each cancer.
Good luck with it and i hope the side effects aren't too harsh xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Aussie,
Great that you mentioned the treatment. It should be helpful to others having similar treatments particular if you can update us on how you are doing with the treatments. :hugs:
Janette

Return to “Gynaecological Cancers”