ovaries with triple negs

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
confusious
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ovaries with triple negs

Postby confusious » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:59 am

thanks ladies. I am definitely going to talk to my Drs but your thoughts are very helpful :clap:

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi confusious - I think if you were BRCA1 or 2 positive (more likely BRCA1 with triple neg) you
would definately, definately discuss this with your dr's
no-one knows what feeds triple negs, they are finding new common links all the time
and lots of trials are happening but not eostrogen - although trip neg receptors can change
so its all a bit confusing.

Any BC, overall has a link to ovarian, not sure of the % -
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Confuscious

I was under the impression that the main reason for having your ovaries removed was to reduce the supply of oestrogen so no I don't think you would have your ovaries removed if you were triple neg. However, of course, there are other reasons too. Maybe if you were at a high risk of getting ovarian cancer they might consider it, I'm not sure. If your doctor has recommended that you have your ovaries removed I would be asking why.

Judy
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

confusious
Guru
Guru

ovaries with triple negs

Postby confusious » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Could someone tell me, if you have3 neg BC and of course there is no further treatment after the usual. Do they suggest to have ovaries etc removed as it could pop up there next? My GP is not the person to talk to as he has not idea and doesnt want to know. This it the tyranny of country NSW.Would love some replies. :hugs:

Return to “Triple Negative BC”