Triple negs

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Triple negs

Postby Janette » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Chrissy,
Ladies with estrogen, progesterone and her2 all negative.
Janette

Chrissy
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Chrissy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:29 pm

So exactly what are Triple Negs? :biggrin: Chrissy Kik

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey Moi.....There are a lot of triple negs on this forum. Good to post and get to know them....to talk and discuss treatments etc...lots of research going on in that area of BC.

And yes....unusual line of work for a woman..love to hear more about it!

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Welcome Moi,
Good to see you post. There is lots of support here from others going through similar. :hugs:
Janette

Moi

Postby Moi » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi,

I am all new to this...I was diagnosed with IBC Nov 2009. Triple Neg Grade 3, started out with 4 x 3 AC then Double Mastect, 12 x weekly taxol and 25 rounds of radiaton (Yay I hit pay dirt 1st time round). Mentally okay...bit overwhelming at first but life goes on.

Not many women in my life or line of work so I thought I would read and see what other women are writing about with their experiences

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:29 pm

hi girls....... I finally got back to posting here sorry - I copied this from one of my posts a little while back

It scared the sh%#t outa me for a while. I searched and searched for positive stuff..... not
much out there............

here is my positive thinking now.........(this is not a this v's that post - just some positives for triple negs - and just my opinion)

Triple neg is mostly aggressive grade 3 - its positive that we get hit hard with treatment from
the get go. It is just about standard now, that even with negative nodes, triple negs will do chemo and its proven that chemo works better on er- pr- (there is a report I posted in primary under "triple negs" thread - will bump it)

It would be great to have other first line treatments but.......... positive - we dont have to do hormone treatment for 5 years, we dont have to spend a year going back for herceptin infusions every 3 weeks.

Its positive that research is beginning to show that we can nearly be called "cured" after 8 years, that does not mean we cannot get a new primary, especially if your BRCA1 or 2+ ... but cured from initial dx. With er/pr+ studies show it can recur after 20 years.

OK, my thinking.......... as long as we dont get mets (thats a whole different kettle of fish)
its the best cancer to get!
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

confusious
Guru
Guru

Postby confusious » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:05 pm

:hugs: I was diagnosed with 3neg 2009 and been thru the chemo and radiation. Some things you read scare you and others dont, totally confused(No pun intended) I received my Beacon the other day and did you see that they are doing research on 3negs, finally in Aus (As can only find a lot of work being done in USA) I am going to get involved as I feel it is really important that they do lots of research on 3 negs. It seems to be the only one they have not worried about to much and thats not good enough. You dont have to go there they get all you info from your Drs, with permission of course and the way a I read it you may have to give a blood sample. If I can help just one other person with this s... disease I have achieved something, might even help myself along the way. Yippeee. Stay well and safe all :?

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:38 pm

It's fine with me, I love to see the chatroom being used.
Janette

angel33
Superstar
Superstar

Postby angel33 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:45 pm

hi Ladies...just an idea...why dont you organise a chat in the chat room sometime
its lots of fun and heaps easier than posting....just pick a time ...confirm its okay with with jetj n jezza
cheers
EBC 1997, bony mets Dec 2000, liver mets april 2007, chemo since

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi HM - I am - I have visitors, so will reply tomorrow with my thoughts - I may bore you
there are many in my head :hugs:
Nav

every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

hibiscusmum
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Triple negs

Postby hibiscusmum » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 pm

I am just curious how many of us are triple neg & what your understanding & thoughts are?

Return to “Triple Negative BC”