Newly Diagnosed Triple Negative

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Newly Diagnosed Triple Negative

Postby Doxiamonev » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Bella,
I was diagnosed triple neg in 2007 and have 3 children.....have bilateral mastectomy, did chemo with the lot but now 2 yrs on I am NED!!
It is a scary time Bella but we are all here to provide support and share our experiences :hugs: :hugs:
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

denise_s
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby denise_s » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Bella
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, its definitely the worst part, you kind of get used to the idea after a while. Also when you start treatment you realise it is survivable and not as bad as you might think.
I have triple negative as well as kids aged 8 and 10. I am half way through chemo. The good news is that chemo works really well on triple negative especially carboplatin. I had EC first and now am on weekly taxol with carboplatin, so far so good. I am looking forward to the end already and starting to plan what I will do next.
If you want to PM me for anything please do.
I have found this forum great for answers and support, its shows you that you can get through it and there is life at the end of the chemo tunnel.
Denise

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:44 pm

I think there has been some discussions in the past and a few ladies also had mastitis prior to diagnosis of BC.
Janette

Urthgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Urthgirl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:03 pm

I had a mild case of mastitis whilst breasfeeding in my breast aswell HM and wait for it..........the same breast I was dx with BC eight months later!!. I remember the Dr asking me after dx did I check my breasts often?......well hell I only had my hands all over them breastfeeding for 11 months beforehand!! and I sure as hell didnt feel anything out of what I thought was the norm!!

Makes you wonder eh? Just goes to shoe the aggressive nature of the beast!

hibiscusmum
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby hibiscusmum » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:52 pm

It is a bit concerning isn't it?
I had mastitis when my youngest was only a few weeks old & always wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Lisa8 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 pm

I agree, there seems to be many of us with young children when dx with triple negative BC. My son was 9 months old. I do know my genetics were involved in me getting cancer, but I wonder if pregnancy was the trigger??

It also makes me nervous about another pregnancy. I will be 3 years from diagnosis when I am contemplating trying to have a baby, have had a bilateral mastectomy and my medical team all tell me that pregnancy shouldn't cause a recurrence, but who knows????

I guess there is still so much more to learn.

Best wishes to you Bella through such a difficult time. I hope you can be comforted to know that quite a few of us have been where you are now, and are doing really well years from dx :hugs:

Lisa

Urthgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Urthgirl » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi Im triple negative aswell and I have a 2 year old daughter.

Wow looking at some of us triple neggies here it amazes me how many of us have young children at time of dx.....hmmmmmmm I remember vaguely reading something somewhere about rapid cell growth in pregnant women can sometimes cause BC...yowyow you might know something about this?.......

VanessaV31
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby VanessaV31 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi Bella,

im another triple neg also.

i was recently diagnosed and im a mum of a 15 month old little girl and 34 weeks pregnant.

everyone on this website is fantastic and great support.

PM me if you need anything.
June 2010 - Diagnosed with EBC, Triple Negative, IDC, 5cm, grade 3, 1/18+ nodes, clear margins
August 2010 - Diagnosed with ABC to Bones and Lungs, Triple Negative
October 2010 - Spinal Fusion and started PARP tiral
May 2011 - LB Mastectomy

karamcb1
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby karamcb1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:08 pm

So sorry you had to join us Bella.

There are lots of us here with young children so we know how you feel. Its all so raw and surreal but we are all in it together and I have found amazing support form all of the beautiful souls here.

Keep posting your thoughts and feelings and also some of the funnies!! Its nice sometimes to post about books and movies and music and humdrum things.

Thinking of you.

K
xxx :grouphug:

Bella39
Guru
Guru

Postby Bella39 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks girls. I think I'll feel better when I get the second drain out.
You're all amazing. :D
Diagnosed – July 2010. Left mastectomy and axillary clearance. 2/10 nodes. Triple negative. AC x 4, Taxol x 4, fortnightly.

hibiscusmum
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby hibiscusmum » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:57 pm

So sorry you had to join us in a way Bella, but we are all here for you. I'm a recently diagnosed Triple Neg too with a 9 & 2 year old. All will be ok :grouphug:

Debs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Debs » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:12 am

Hi there

I am also triple neg diagnosed when my children were 4 and 7. I to spent hours on the net and found it all very scary. Two and a bit years on I am thinking about it less, now working again and generally getting on with my life. When I was reading all this stuff on the net i never thought 2 years down the track my life would be this great again...looking forward to holidays seeing my kidz growing and enjoying our life. Hang in there try to use your energy to get through the next months of treatment. Please pm me at any time as been there and know its really hard.
BC dx April 2008. triple negative, 1.2 cm, no nodes. Had FEC x 6.

Kiwijanelle
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kiwijanelle » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:53 am

Hi Bella,
I found all the triple neg info on the internet quite terrifying. My children were also 3 and 6 when I was diagnosed, and in fact I was headbutted in my breast by my 3 year old as well, which led me to the doctor. Quite strange reading that in your post, thank goodness for boisterous 3 year olds!

I found this forum really great for information especially about triple neg huge thanks to yowyow (take a bow) and to find out that info like chemo works better for triple negs than others.
Good luck
:hugs: :hugs:
Janelle
Diagnosed Sept 08, RB Mastectomy ALND sept 08 - Triple Negative
chemo 3 FEC, 9 taxol. 25 RADS all done - YIPPEE

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:27 am

Bella, it certainly is surreal, the change your life takes overnight. Be assured it is not a death sentence and you can get through this as difficult as it is. Life will return and go on. :grouphug:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:57 am

Oh Bella, so sorry you have had to join us...
Just remember.....that no matter what polarity we all are...negative, positive....it is still tough going... and especially when you have young ones... but we all do understand what you are going through....so whenever you need us, we are here :hugs:
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Return to “Triple Negative BC”