Newly Diagnosed Triple Negative

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Newly Diagnosed Triple Negative

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Bella you must still be reeling. So much happens so quickly it is hard to take it all in. But we have all been where you are now and knowhow you feel. so vent or ask questions as you need to! Someone is always around.
You have some tough times ahead but before you know it, treatment will be finished and it will all seem like a dream. Take care and stay in touch :hugs:

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi Bella,

I was diagnosed triple negative - same stage as you, 2 nodes positive out of 14

I was diagnosed the day I turned 36 in May 2006 - my boys were 4 & 5 at the time

I didn't find much positive stuff on the net about triple neg either - actually its all bloody scary
but I have posted a lot here about it since.

we are here for any chatting you need and experiences we can share to help

I will search and find these for you

I am fine over 4 years since diagnosis now
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi Bella,
We have lots of triple neg ladies here, lots of research going on and chemo is supposed to work very well on that type of BC. :hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Bella....it is sureal and hard to take in when your life changes so quickly. We have all felt like that on this forum I would say.

There are lots of triple negs on here doing well.

Glad you found us. The girls on here will help you through...

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Bella39
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Newly Diagnosed Triple Negative

Postby Bella39 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks for the kind welcomes.
I can't believe I'm even on this forum. 3 weeks ago my beautiful little boy (3yrs) jumped into my bed for his morning cuddle and head butted me in the breast. It hurt and I found a lump there. I went to my GP the next day ( I'll cut a long story short) and last week I had a mastectomy and axillary clearance. Today I found out that my cancer is triple negative, stage 2b with 2 out of 10 nodes involved. My surgeon said he was very happy and that he'd got a clear margin sround the cancer. Since coming home I've been reading about triple negative cancers and now my head is spinning! I have 2 beautiful children 3 and 6 and I just can't believe this is happening.

It will be nice to have a place to chat, thanks for listening
Bella
Diagnosed – July 2010. Left mastectomy and axillary clearance. 2/10 nodes. Triple negative. AC x 4, Taxol x 4, fortnightly.

Return to “Triple Negative BC”