10 year old with triple neg BC

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
KathyW
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KathyW » Thu May 21, 2009 8:39 am

It is on sunrise this morning at 8.08 about the 10 year old with breasat cancer.
Take care
kathy
Diagnosed august 08 ILC Grade 2
Chemo, Rads and Tamoxifen
ER/PR++ Her2 Negative

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Mon May 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Here is a link to a story about her and her family.

http://cbs2.com/tv/breast.cancer.awaren ... 09325.html

I still can't quite believe it.

jezza

karin
Superstar
Superstar

Postby karin » Sun May 17, 2009 11:40 pm

No other word for it UNFAIR!
The best things in life aren't free
they're priceless

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Sun May 17, 2009 11:46 am

Last edited by Belinda on Mon May 18, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Sun May 17, 2009 1:42 am

OMG how tragic :crybaby:
I agree Cheryl.....how wrong, especially for a 10 year old!
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 16, 2009 9:30 pm

She seems a mature 10 years old, poor kid.
Janette

cherub
Superstar
Superstar

Postby cherub » Sat May 16, 2009 9:25 pm

hey girls
saw hannah on TV tonight
just to hard to believe
apparently her risk of getting BC is 1%
love n hugs
Jennifer
Primary BC:
DX Apr 06 DCIS Gr3 St2B Oes + Prog + Lump & Aux 1 node+
TX: ECx4, Radio 6.5wks, Port, Taxol x12 & AI'S & have CFS
ABC:
October 08 Mets spine & Chest wall
Dec 08 mets liver - taxotere, xoleda & zometa
Jan 09 PPort - now still on Taxotere 18months
Mediastinum mets are taking my voice away
now for rads x 10 august 2010

sparkles3001

Postby sparkles3001 » Mon May 11, 2009 12:30 am

Have just had a read of the entire story - WOW!!! This poor family!!!
This amazing little girl sounds like such a saint! They have my admiration.

cheryl
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cheryl » Sun May 10, 2009 7:27 am

that is so sad and so very wrong.
Cheryl

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks Jezza,
Gee, the pathology doesn't sound too good although no node involvement if I'm reading correctly. The poor kid and parents!
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat May 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I think the girl found the lump...

She has had surgery..a mastectomy I think and recon later when she has developed...so one of the earlier posts said...I haven't read the link that nav posted yet..

This is the original post from the mother

Posted on: Apr 14, 2009 08:03 pm, edited Apr 16, 2009 11:21 AM by cjsocal cjsocal wrote:

My ten year old daughter was just diagnosed yesterday (confirmed today) with breast cancer. I have been searching for similar cases but have found nothing. My wife and I have no idea what type, stage, etc... We took her in to have a lump removed that was thought to be completely routine, but the surgeon found a solid mass that appeared to be a tumor behind the suspected area. We were assured that it was probably nothing to worry about but a sample would be sent to pathology. Went to a follow up visit 6 days later (yesterday) and the preliminary results were not good. Got a call today to confirm our worst thoughts. Is there anybody that has heard of such a young girl being diagnosed with breast cancer? We are in a holding pattern now and don't know what to do.

***UPDATE***

We just got a copy of the pathology report yesterday and I will read the diagnosis word for word. DIAGNOSIS: Infiltrating ductal carcinoma with focal solid papillary growth pattern and secretory feautures, grade II (moderately differentiated). The tumor extends to the inked surgical margins over a broad front. Approximately 2 cm in aggregate dimension portions of benign prepubertal mammary ductal parenchyma. No ductal carcinoma in situ component identified. Changes highly suspicious for large vessel invasion by tumor but no angiolymphatic space permeation by tumor identified. AJCC stage grouping: T2, NX, MX; stage IIA This was also listed in the microscopic description: This material was submitted for breast prognostic studies with the following results: Estrogen receptor negative, progesterone receptor negative, Her2/neu zero (not expressed) and Ki67 rate of 3% in most of the fields examined. Can someone tell me that my 10 year old daughter does not have breast cancer? We have not told her yet, but know we will as she will be seeing an oncologist within the next day or two.

Page 8 of 8 (231 results)
First Previous 1 … 6 7 8

jezza

karene8
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby karene8 » Sat May 09, 2009 8:06 pm

OMG, that is really sad. Did I miss something, but how did they know she was sick in the first place. Was she having symptoms as I would not have thought they would do a routine mammogram on a 10 year old girl ?

Karen X

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Wow, heartbreaking stuff!
Janette

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sat May 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks Nav. Very sad and yep, wrong.

:hugs:
Janine

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat May 09, 2009 11:26 am

Yes nav...I have been following the thread on breastcancer.org about this...

unbelievable!!!...and as you said....just wrong..very upsetting

jezza

Return to “Triple Negative BC”