Triple Neg Girls

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Hey Karen,
I'm feeling really good at the moment, some days I'm a bit down but most of the time I'm quite happy :v_happy: :v_happy: I love life & enjoy every minute of it. :v_happy:
We do what we gotta do hun don't we :wink:
I would be very interested with what Dee comes back with too :hi5:
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

karene8
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ta !

Postby karene8 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Dox, Dee and Yow Yow,

Thanks for your replys. I would appreciate you finding out thanks Dee.

Yow Yow, what a wonderful feeling that must be for you to come to 3 years. It would be a better feeling than finishing chemo. I wish I were there too. You too Dox, you must feel really positive at this point.

Love Karen with a ph :v_happy: :pmsl:

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Karen, you hear so many different ideas on this

I take it from the day I know they got clear margins 18th May (happy birthday Jezza :biggrin: )

I've read that triple negs reach a peak around 3 years for recurrance, then it starts dropping
and by 5 years we are equal to all other receptor positive BC's

Then I've also read that after 8 years we can just about say that word "cured"
thats were current stats for us are good because receptor positive BC cannot
apparently ever be called cured.

Geez I am ready and happy to be nearly 3 years. I am interested to hear what others DR's have said
re the anniversary as if I take it from end of chemo - I am not 3 years until October :crybaby:
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

pinball wizard
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby pinball wizard » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi Karen with a ph,

I''m seeing the Onc on Thursday and this is one question that I was going to ask him anyhow, so I'll let you know on this thread. I do remember him saying to me that "even after all this treatment..." so I took it to be from the end of treatment. But anyhow, I will aks. I just read your journey too and am with you too,
take care
love dee xx

Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:21 am

Hey Karen,
I don't know where they start the official date but I take it from the day I finished treatment- and for me it's 27/7/08 :biggrin:
I read your Journey and honey I am with you!! I will not allow this Ca to come back either, I will pray for you and all the other girls (including me) that this is last we see of this dreaded disease!
You have all my positive vibes :hugs:
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

karene8
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Triple Neg Girls

Postby karene8 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:10 am

Hi girls,

Just wanted to ask a question re re-ocurrence.

When we are told that our disease could re-ocurr within first 2 years, is that from dx or the finish of treatment.

I have been reading a little about TNBC and was wondering if anyone could answer that for me please ?

Karen XX

Return to “Triple Negative BC”