karen8...........Triple neg Questions

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi Karen,
Thanks for keeping us informed of your treatment and results. There are a few girls here with triple neg results. I think you're already aware.

From my limited understanding, they usually hit it quite hard with chemo, which is supposed to be fairly effective for that type of cancer. They are learning all the time and getting more effective treatment regimes.

I hope the chemo doesn't cause you too much discomfort. It's very understandable that you feel uneasy waiting for the first treatment, most girls do. There are lot's of girls here to support you every bit of the way.

Please check in often and let us know how you are. :hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Hi Karen...and welcome to your thread! Glad you found it........

Seems there are so many triple negs these days.

Can't really help you much only to say that one of the ladies on the American forum that I know of was dx as triple neg and is doing fine after almost 10 years ( I'm sure there are lots more, she is just one that I know of who posts often).....so don't think that it doesn't happen....remember that treatments are getting better, Drs are learning more and lots of triple negs are doing well.

Hugs

jezza
Last edited by jezza on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karene8
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby karene8 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks you guys,

Karen here. I am really glad I have you, this makes it a lot easier to deal with, knowing I am not alone.

Then main question I have got is, it is really such a dire prognosis ? Do women recover from this and what can I do to help my outcome be a positive one ?

How do you triple neg girls manage it in your mind, apart from the obvious, (being positive). What do you say to yourself every day, in terms of the real you inside ?

I have no idea, as one day I feel really good and the next I feel like I am on a runaway train with no brakes.

Thank you all for tremendous support. Thanks Jezza for the thread. XXXXXXXXXX Karen

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Bump for Karen

Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:06 pm

I have pm'ed her too.
Hope we can help Karen- as Nav said ask away no question is :ouch:
Thanks Jezza!
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Thanks girls...You're the best!

jezza

Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Lisa8 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:30 pm

I have PM'd her as well :wave:

Debs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Debs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:04 am

Hi karen8 I dont have the same diagnosis but i am Triple Neg. Please ask any questions and I am sure the ladies here will try to help.
Last edited by Debs on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Broni
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Broni » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:55 am

I have pm'd her too!
Broni

[color=blue]life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain[/color]

DX 12/09/07 Gr 3 DCIS
RB Mastectomy, ANC 11/10/07
9/27 lymphnodes
Triple Neg
dose dense 4 x AC 4 x taxol
40 rads
Prophylactic LB mastectomy 17/12/09
Still dancing with NED, 7 years on

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Yep, good thought Jezza

I did PM Karen earlier tonight.

There are a few triple negs who had positive nodes here Karen

Please ask away with any questions, and remember there are NO silly questions here

Here to hold your hand and support you in any way we can Karen :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

karen8...........Triple neg Questions

Postby jezza » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi karen8

Noone can post an answer in My Journey. Only you can add to that post.

So I thought I would start a new thread for you!

There are lots of triple negs on the forum. I am sure they will be a huge help to you as you go through treatment.

Hugs

jezza

Return to “Triple Negative BC”