Triple Negs ..

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jayem » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:09 pm

Nav, your 3, 3 and 1 add up to 7 therefore your bc is a grade 2. Have a look at Janette's post and all is explained.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Ok Ozzie, you posted as I was reading my path report :pmsl:

IDC BRE grade 2 - understand that part but.. (tubles 3, nuclei 3, mitoses 1) Whats all that ?

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch: janette i just re read your post
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

ozzie
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ozzie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:51 pm

jeti that is so correct ...mine was grade 3 stage 3...and it did state (poorly-differentiated) i have the path reports here from my 1st dx 11yrs ago... :ouch:
would love to have the path report for this lot now... where they state the nucli and all the rest...
:hugs:
oz

as for the treatment I went in hard and got......10yrs...
Some Days are Diamonds ,Some Days are Stone.

DCIS,IDC,Grade 3 Stage3, ER/PR + HER2- (Aug 96) Bone ,Skin mets, (Dec06) lung mets (May 08)stage 4

ozzie
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ozzie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:47 pm

well now we have a new gov...I do hope that Tykerb will be put onto the PBS...that would help so much for HER2 + ladies...keeping my fingers and toes crossed for this...
possumhome5 yes it is aggressive , but I dont think it increases the risk of recurrence, reason BC of any kind and u can get a recurrence..I thought I was home free, and a friend of mine had her BC return 25 yrs later...sucks..but I do think being positive does help...
oz

ps great to see you girls putting the stamp on the end of your posts.. :pmsl:

DCIS,IDC,Grade 3 Stage3, ER/PR + HER2- (Aug 96) Bone ,Skin mets, (Dec06) lung mets (May 08)stage 4

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:00 am

Grading from Imaginis website

Pathologists closely observe three features when determining a cancer’s grade: the frequency of cell mitosis (rate of cell division), tubule formation (percentage of cancer composed of tubular structures), and nuclear pleomorphism (change in cell size and uniformity). Each of these features is assigned a score ranging from 1 to 3 (1 indicating slower cell growth and 3 indicating faster cell growth). The scores of each of the cells’ features are then added together for a final sum that will range between 3 to 9.

Tubule Formation (% of Carcinoma Composed of Tubular Structures)
Score
> 75% 1
10-75% 2
less than 10% 3

Nuclear Pleomorphism (Change in Cells) Score
Small, uniform cells 1
Moderate increase in size and variation 2
Marked variation 3

Mitosis Count (Cell Division) Score
Up to 7 1
8 to 14 2
15 or more 3

Summary of Histologic Grades of Breast Cancer

A tumor with a final sum of 3, 4, or 5 is considered a Grade 1 tumor (well-differentiated). A sum of 6 or 7 is considered a Grade 2 tumor (moderately-differentiated), and a sum of 8 or 9 is a Grade 3 tumor (poorly-differentiated).
Janette

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:35 am

thanks Janine,

Adding to that with most triple negs being grade 3, (with grade 3 responding well to chemo)
from all I have read triple neg tumors also respond better to chemo -- good double whammie.
Nav

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 am

Hope you don't mind Nav but I just thought I'd add this description of tumour 'grade' from breastcancer.org:

"Grade" of cancer cell growth:
Patterns of cell growth are rated on a scale from 1 to 3 (also referred to as low, medium, and high instead of 1, 2 or 3).
Calm, well-organized growth with few cells reproducing is considered grade 1.
Disorganized, irregular growth patterns in which many cells are in the process of making new cells is called grade 3.
The lower the grade, the more favorable the expected outcome. At the same time, the higher the grade, the more vulnerable the cancer is to treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation. Therefore, women with a "high" or "grade 3" breast cancer can also feel hopeful about treatment.
Janine

Ruth
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:01 am

Oops, sorry girls I got it wrong there :ouch: ..... after telling me I was her2+ he said the "good news" was that I could now have herceptin (not the case in the past unless you had a big bank balance). My apologies for the confursion
Ruth :kiwi:

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:13 am

Interested to know.... most triple neg tumors are grade 3

I was grade 2... although Onc said its actually not accurate as a grade 2 can act like
a grade 1 - or a grade 3 (more aggressive or not as)

Are most triple negs here grade 3 ?
Nav

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:45 pm

Also Tykerb is having great results as well for HER2.
Janette

possumhome5
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby possumhome5 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:22 pm

I'm a triple postive - ER/PR+ and HER2+ (and I'm 42).

My surgeon said that + HER2 means the cancer is more aggressive and increases the risk of recurrence, but the good thing is that tx is available in the form of Herceptin.

ozzie
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ozzie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:11 pm

yep I agree Lesley doesnt make any sense to me either...its weird...seems the white women are young ...ok some one with some brains please come and make sense of this for us please :ouch:
but then this whole BC thing doesnt make sense to me....I was under the impression if you are ER/PR + and HER 2- then its better for you, HER2- is better than + as the HER2 Plus only have Herception and Tykerb to take not many choices is there ? and tykerb isnt on the PBS sucks this does,...

oz

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:55 pm

Nav i dont make sense of any of it :crybaby:
Lesley
"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm triple +++.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Oz, from all I have read and I have read a bit - trip negs ... mainly african american over 50 years old
and white woman under or around 40 ...... anyone make sense of that ?
Nav

Return to “Triple Negative BC”