A trial for Triple Neg

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CheChe
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CheChe » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:00 pm

Jane
Guru
Guru

Postby Jane » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi,
Cheche, I am also involved in the same trial that you are on. Although I was chosen to just be watched. Have had 3 monthly check-ups and had to do all those lovely life happiness surveys!!! I was devastated not to be chosen to take the low dose chemo, I think for us triple negs, its harder when chemo has finished and you are just left to worry. No pills to take!
How have you found the chemo? any side effects? when do you finish with the chemo? sorry for all the questions, you are the first person I've seen on the trial.
cheers
Jane

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:14 pm

thanks for posting that Cheche :clap:

I am also very happy to hear your feeling great.

please keep us updated when you can, its really exciting to hear about your trial and
any trials for triple negs :clap:
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

CheChe
Guru
Guru

Postby CheChe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 am

Hi All

It's been a while since I"ve posted,

That's right YowYOw I am on a trial for Triple Neg. I'm taking Cyclophosphamide daily and also Methotrexate twice daily, twice a week for 12 months - ending September 2008. So far feeling great and all seems to be going well.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:54 pm

Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:11 am

Its fantastic that trials are happening for trip negs,
It does read like it will show good results.

CheChe here is on a trial here taking (cant remember) for 12 months from end of chemo and rads, not the same
but its great that we are doing trials here too.

Thanks for posting that Janette
Nav

every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Broni
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Broni » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:05 am

might just have to print this out and show my onc next treatment, and see what he says......have already asked him for info on triple neg as there isn't much to see on the net - he is happy to oblige me with what literature he has next visit...
Broni

[color=blue]life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain[/color]

DX 12/09/07 Gr 3 DCIS
RB Mastectomy, ANC 11/10/07
9/27 lymphnodes
Triple Neg
dose dense 4 x AC 4 x taxol
40 rads
Prophylactic LB mastectomy 17/12/09
Still dancing with NED, 7 years on

ozzie
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ozzie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:16 pm

Does sound interesting an something that triple negs need big time...but I guess that women here in Aus wouldnt be able to go onto the trial , bit to far to go ah? but then who knows they might conduct a simular trial here in Oz I do hope so...
:hugs:
oz
Some Days are Diamonds ,Some Days are Stone.

DCIS,IDC,Grade 3 Stage3, ER/PR + HER2- (Aug 96) Bone ,Skin mets, (Dec06) lung mets (May 08)stage 4

Janette
Forum Legend

A trial for Triple Neg

Postby Janette » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:12 pm

This was posted to B-mail, I thought it might interest some people here.

Here is a discussion of the Phase II PARP trial. If you are triple negative you might be interested in this report.

"We are very excited about being able to offer patients with triple- negative metastatic breast cancer treatment with the PARP inhibitor BSI-201," said Joyce O'Shaughnessy, M.D., lead investigator, Texas Oncology, PA, Baylor-Sammons Cancer Center in Dallas, US Oncology, and co-chair of the breast cancer research committee of the US Oncology Research Network. "There is a compelling need for a novel approach to treating this high-risk population."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/88963.php
Janette

Return to “Triple Negative BC”