hi

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: hi

Postby ruth1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:16 pm

thx Liv, good advice. Luckily I dont like junk food so my diet is mostly really good so that will be easy for me. Cant wait to be able post the final chemo on the forum in a few months time.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

liv

Postby liv » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:37 pm

hi ruth

you will be fine, we are all here for you :hugs:

yes my last chemo next monday, luckily for me chemo was much better than had anticipated.

the only yuk for me was a horrid metal taste that would not go away, got worse with each treatment, cumulative build up.
mandarins were the only thing that relieved it, just bought 3 kilos ready for next weeks battle. :)

my tip would be DONT EAT JUNK! :ideabulb:
very easy to eat heaps of anything for a quick fix especially when your mouth is just rancid and the only way to get rid of the taste is to stuff something in there, so right from start use this chemo time to eat healthy....pretend u havent got "C" and are just going to detox and eat healthy :clap:
I'd say to myself today im going to do so many weights and cleanse my body/ mind with some great food and before i knew it was having another treatment....now only 1 more to go :D

and drinks heaps & heaps of water/fluids.

ruth its not easy for everyone nor is it the same for everyone...but thats how it was for me.

fingers crossed :heart:

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Liv, great that you are out the end of chemo and I am just going in so you are anxious re surgery and I am anxious about chemo. I am having FEC-what did you have if you dont mind me asking pls. Sounds like you got through it well. Any tips would be great although there is a great chemo thread on the forum. Cant help but worry cos its the big unknown and I know people vary in reaction and it depends on what drugs are used so asking you this is probably just the neurotic fear side of me wanting answers to the unknown haha. I am more afraid of chemo than surgery. Thx. Ruth
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Lisa8 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Liv,

Another triple neggie here :wave: .

I am 4 1/2 years past my diagnosis and had a mastectomy, chemo, radiotherapy, then prophylactic mastectomy with reconstruction. Too much to write about in this post but you can follow my history in the 'my journey' section.

PM me if you ever want to chat :biggrin:

Lisa x

liv

Postby liv » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:02 am

school teacher
ruth1
kazzie61
judy b
janette

thanks a whole lot for the warm welcome. :heart:

great to hear everyone's stories thru this insidious journey.

ive breazed thru chemo, touch wood, last one next monday.

think radiation will be a bit tougher, just got that feeling :ouch:

:hugs: to all

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 pm

:wave: hello and welcome. Chemo was the hardest part of my journey, the surgery is a breeze in comparison. I didn't have rads so can't comment on that. Between us we have shared a lot, so please feel free to ask any questions or vent when things get tough. We've all been there. We manage to laugh still too

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello Liv, I have just had a double mastectomy 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I was freaking out about it but I was home in 2 days. I have just had final 2 drains out today and feeling really good. Expect discomfort and bit of pain for 1st 2 weeks and then you will start to slowly improve. The pain killers made me quite nauseous and unwell. Also, had odd food taste for 2 weeks - might be anaesthetic. Really only wanted very plain food. Good luck and ask any questions if I can help. Ruth

Kazzie61
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kazzie61 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi Liv & welcome from another triple neg.....
Sorry you have to be here but the women on this forum are wonderful & supportive so you've come to the right place :hugs:
Sounds like you are coping well so far.

Karen :heart:
Dx 5/10/10, Stage 1, Grade 3, Triple Negative.
Lumpectomy, Node Negative, 6 x TC Chemo, BMX with immediate DIEP 20/05/11
Dx stage 4, bone mets 20/05/12, liver mets 07/02/13
Radiation June 2012
Monthly Xgeva June 2012
Chemo...Paclitaxel/Gemzar December 2012
Chemo...Xeloda Feb 2013

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi Liv and welcome. Seems like you are going well so far. As already said, mastectomies aren't as bad as you may imagine. Plenty of time to worry about reconstruction options.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Liv and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've researched and made some decisions about reconstruction. Feel free to ask any questions, our members are very supportive.

Good luck with your final chemo, mastectomies are not as bad as we usually expect them to be. :hugs:
Janette

liv

hi

Postby liv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 am

hello liv here

a newbie!

just about to have final chemo, 6 treatments, gearing up for mastectomy, then rads.

not having reconstruction yet but if all goes well will definitely have a look at my options.

dont want flap would prefer implant but not a great option after radiation :ouch:

Return to “Triple Negative BC”