Basal Cell

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Basal Cell

Postby shereejoy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 am

So triple negative is the same as the terminology Basal???
Age 36, Mother 3 and 5 year old BOYS
Dx 9/3/11, Surgery 22/3/11 - IDC, 3 x tumours (5cm, 4mm, 3mm) - Multifocal, 13/26 lymph nodes -All nodes taken, Stage IIIC, Triple Neg, RB Mastectomy
M/C 21st Feb 2011 - Saved my life!
IVF completed 4/4/11 - 3 eggs
Reconstruction late Feb 2012/ early March 2012

VanessaV31
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby VanessaV31 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:53 pm

June 2010 - Diagnosed with EBC, Triple Negative, IDC, 5cm, grade 3, 1/18+ nodes, clear margins
August 2010 - Diagnosed with ABC to Bones and Lungs, Triple Negative
October 2010 - Spinal Fusion and started PARP tiral
May 2011 - LB Mastectomy

Leah P
Guru
Guru

Postby Leah P » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 pm

There was an article in todays paper about basal breast cancer.

It states that researchers at The Garvan Institute identified the 'Hedgehog' molecule, which is to blame for the spread of basal breast cancer.
Basal breast cancer does tend to affect younger women and the outcome is not always good, said Associate Professor Sandra O'Toole.

So hopefully now that the molecule has been identified, maybe a cure is just around the corner :xfingers:

VanessaV31
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby VanessaV31 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:22 pm

My onc told me the same lisa
June 2010 - Diagnosed with EBC, Triple Negative, IDC, 5cm, grade 3, 1/18+ nodes, clear margins
August 2010 - Diagnosed with ABC to Bones and Lungs, Triple Negative
October 2010 - Spinal Fusion and started PARP tiral
May 2011 - LB Mastectomy

Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Lisa8 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Nav,

I was told that mine was a basal triple negative cancer. I remember my breast surgeon saying that basal like cancer had only been discovered/identified a few years before my diagnosis and is particularly aggressive.

Lisa

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Basal Cell

Postby yowyow » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

Just wondering ....after the news on channel 9 last night

I have read that most triple neg tumors are basal cell

Did any of you have that stated in your path' report or told that by Onc
mine does not state it, nor have I asked if mine was basal cell

from BCORG -
Usually is a cell type called “basal-like.” “Basal-like” means that the cells resemble the basal cells that line the breast ducts. This is a new subtype of breast cancer that researchers have identified using gene analysis technology. Like other types of breast cancer, basal-like cancers can be linked to family history, or they can happen without any apparent family link. Basal-like cancers tend to be more aggressive, higher grade cancers — just like triple-negative breast cancers. It’s believed that most triple-negative breast cancers are of the basal-like cell type.
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Return to “Triple Negative BC”