Roll call

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
LuvMyLab
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Roll call

Postby LuvMyLab » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Geminigirl, you have a great outlook. Must be your Gemininity (I just made that word up). :hugs:

geminigirl
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby geminigirl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Whoops, sorry... Diagnosed November 2010 not 2011... Duh! :ouch:
Diagnosed 11/11/10 with triple neg cancer.
38yo, wife and mother of 3 aged 13, 11 & 2.
32mm grade III invasive ductal. Lumpectomy. No nodes involved & clear margins.
4 x AC, 4 x Taxol + Neulasta in Perth, 35 Rads in Adelaide.

geminigirl
Guru
Guru

Postby geminigirl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello girls,

I am another triple neg. Diagnosed Nov 2011 - have just completed my regime of treatment which was 4 AC & 4 Taxol then 35 rads. I was node negative and had a lumpectomy. I am happily married, 39yo with 3 children aged 13, 11 & 2. What a shock with my being the only family member in our long genealogical tree with a cancer diagnosis... Why me I wondered???? Well, I came to the conclusion why not me???? What else can you think? I was the poster girl for not getting cancer of any type let alone a triple neg breast!

It has been very difficult to get my head around the diagnosis and subsequent treatment and everything in between but now I am at peace with it and, fingers crossed it never comes back, we have had lots of positives come out of the whole experience, like I said so long as it never appears again! I am ever so happy that this happened to me and not one of our children and often have thought it has been easier for me to go through this than our loved ones having to see me go through it. Hope you understand what I mean by that. It is a process all of its own and I now want to focus on my beautiful life which has now become far more enriching for me.

I have an appointment with my oncologist for my first follow up following treatment being finished and really don't know what happens from here.... I don't know how often I will be checked over or anything - I have just gone with my fantastic medical teams advice on all matters and never looked too far ahead which has worked well for me. One thing at a time.

My love & thoughts are with you all and hopefully your dark days will be few and your bright days many.

Lots of love
geminigirl xxxxx :hugs:
Diagnosed 11/11/10 with triple neg cancer.
38yo, wife and mother of 3 aged 13, 11 & 2.
32mm grade III invasive ductal. Lumpectomy. No nodes involved & clear margins.
4 x AC, 4 x Taxol + Neulasta in Perth, 35 Rads in Adelaide.

pacwood
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby pacwood » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi Sheree

I had a LB mastectomy. Heading off for a cardiac gaited blood scan friday.My husband joked that I should be glowing from the nuclear medicine soon xo.

Triple Negative BC.
RAD's x28 commencing 12/11. finished 23/1/2012!
Reconstruction time! Initial consultation February 2012 @ Peter Mac.

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Christie... I did 3 x FEC and then 3 x TAXOTERE.... god help you if they are combing them all as it is the FEC is 3 drugs.... makes you terribly nauseas and possessed by the devil I call it... there was atleast 2 of the 3 weeks I was not with it!!! foggy head, terrible metalic taste in the mouth, and the Taxotere 1st round I breezed through, 2nd cycle I was terrible from day 4-8, then really good (bone aches, muscles aches even in my vagina bones, I couldn't get out of bed... very achy, almost like restless syndrome, you just can't get comfortable), I am about to have my 3rd and last cycle on Thursday, I am expecting this cycle to be even worse then the 2nd one, but then it is all over for me! Yay

Did you have a mastectomy/lumptectomy????
Age 36, Mother 3 and 5 year old BOYS
Dx 9/3/11, Surgery 22/3/11 - IDC, 3 x tumours (5cm, 4mm, 3mm) - Multifocal, 13/26 lymph nodes -All nodes taken, Stage IIIC, Triple Neg, RB Mastectomy
M/C 21st Feb 2011 - Saved my life!
IVF completed 4/4/11 - 3 eggs
Reconstruction late Feb 2012/ early March 2012

pacwood
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby pacwood » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi all.

Another triple negative newbie here. We just met with the oncologist to discuss chemo.I had not recieved my path results from surgeon so we only just found out we are triple neg!
Wow, what a ride! Im scheduled for 6 cycles of FEC and TAX combined (I think!)
Onc said we could do 3 and 3 but he suggested doing them together.

I will be checking here often now that Im a "special" one!
Cheers Christie xo

Triple Negative BC.
RAD's x28 commencing 12/11. finished 23/1/2012!
Reconstruction time! Initial consultation February 2012 @ Peter Mac.

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Oh thanks for the explanation! xo
Dx 9/3/11, Surgery 22/3/11 - IDC, 3 x tumours (5cm, 4mm, 3mm) - Multifocal, 13/26 lymph nodes -All nodes taken, Stage IIIC, Triple Neg, RB Mastectomy

Kiwijanelle
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kiwijanelle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Beatrice trial:
It is a triple neg trial, it's a global trial - has closed now, think it closed (as in they had enough participants in the trial) not long after i finished my chemo.

Basically the trial participants were split into 2 groups, 1 group got FEC and TAxol (standard treatment), group 2 got FEC and Taxol plus Avastin.
I'm in the control group with the standard treatment. There are a couple of others on the forum in the same trial, from memory think there is one who got the avastin.

What they are looking to find out is if adding in avastin as part of the standard treatment improves the outcomes for triple neg BC.
The only bummer is that obviously it takes a while to find this out - they look to see if after 2 years, 3, years, 5 years etc whether the rate of secondaries is higher/lower/the same for the two groups.
And then if the Beatrice study shows that adding in avastin improves outcomes, then avastin would become part of the standard treatment for triple neg BC.

:kiwi: Janelle
Diagnosed Sept 08, RB Mastectomy ALND sept 08 - Triple Negative
chemo 3 FEC, 9 taxol. 25 RADS all done - YIPPEE

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:21 am

What is the beatrice trial?

Kiwijanelle
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kiwijanelle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 am

Haven't been here for a while! Lovely to hear what everyone's up to.
I"m another triple neg
diagnosed in August 2008 (had to think about that, as it doesn't seem possible it's nearly 3 years)
grade 3, no nodes, mastectomy, 3 cycles FEC, 9 cycles taxol, 25 rads, finished chemo in Feb 2 years ago, finished all treatment in april 2 years ago.
Am on the beatrice trial - but didn't get the avastin, I'm in the control group, so still have 3 monthly checks, one must be coming up soon.
I was 39 when i was diagnosed, my babies were 6 and 3, they are now nearly 9 and 6, they do occasionally ask me when i'm going to get a new boob. (They thought Santa would bring me one :pmsl: )
I have thought about recon a couple of times but not actually got around to doing anything about it, I'm sure at some point I will actually make a decision.
Raine and Yowyow you are very inspiring, and it certainly helps on the day before a checkup to remember how well you are both travelling!
Have a great day
Janelle
:wave:
Diagnosed Sept 08, RB Mastectomy ALND sept 08 - Triple Negative
chemo 3 FEC, 9 taxol. 25 RADS all done - YIPPEE

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Yay Lorraine, how inspiring! :v_happy:

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Raine, you are my poster triple neg girl :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Rainenz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Rainenz » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi Everyone

Will I'm another triple neg and was dx in 1997 with stage IIb and 6 pos nodes. Had all the treatment and all went will till June 2006.
When another lump was picked up on my annual Mammogram, with all my regular checkups I thought it would have been caught early.But due to the aggressive nature of TN that was not the case, 2nd time round it was TN again this time it was stage 3c and I had 29 pos nodes.

Their was no family history that we knew off, but after my cousin was dx with Ovarian in her 30's and had genetic testing done which was postive to BRCA1, I also had the testing done and came back positive to the same mutation.

For all of that I am just coming up to my 5 year mark from dx 2 and will be 15 years all up at the end of the year and doing well.
Lorraine :kiwi:

Dx Dec 1996 LB 3.6 medullary, 6/14 nodes... Tx Lump, 6 x AC and 30 x Rads
Dx July 2006 RB 3.5 IDC + DCIS, 29/34 nodes... Tx Lump/Mast, 4 X FEC, 6 X Taxol and 25 x Rads. Triple Neg. BRCA1+

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:07 am

I think generally speaking Triple Negative does affect the yougens?? Am I right??? Glad to meet all you lovely ladies, thanks for popping in.... I haven't come across too many triple negative's until now.

Blizz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Blizz » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:30 pm

gosh we're all so young!

Glad to read quite a few positive stories here :)

still very much in the middle of the whole ordeal myself.
Dx in Jan 2011 at 34 with bilateral tumours, 2 positive nodes
bilateral mastectomy
currently undergoing chemo (dose dense, 4xEC, 12xTaxol/Carboplatin)
no rads as tumours were fairly small and close to the nipples.

hoping to be genetically tested on June 15th but that will depend on whether they deem me eligible (no family history, so it would be on grounds of my age + triple neg + bilateral disease). If not eligible I will have it done privately later this year.

would like a recon at some point but am in no rush. Am thinking in two years' time or so.

Lisa, I just started seeing a psychologist and it has been really good so far. My main theme is to focus on and enjoy the 'now' rather than worry about whatever the future may hold, very much in line with your own approach. Easier said than done though!

Return to “Triple Negative BC”