Roll call

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
Stressmagnet
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Roll call

Postby Stressmagnet » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm here. New mets in spine but I'm still on the right side of the grass :D
It's always great to see the positive posts here.
Louise

July 07 - stage III IBC
Aug 07 - Dec 07 - Septicaemia, coma for 3 months, chemo
Sept 09 - double mastectomy
Sept 09 - triple negative in same breast, chemo
Oct 11 - triple negative in supraclavicular node, surgery, rads, chemo
May 12 - triple negative met to Spine (T10) - rads, chemo

Gail
Forum Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gail » Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 am

:wave: :wave: Hi Janelle, lovely to hear all is going well for you. :happydance:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun May 27, 2012 9:50 pm

yay JANELLE ! love hearing these great stories :hugs: :hugs:
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks for the update Kiwijanelle, always glad to hear you are going well and getting on with life. Keep up the good work and an occasional update would be wonderful. :hugs:
Janette

Kiwijanelle
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kiwijanelle » Sun May 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Hello
I'm still here! Just not on here very often.
I am now 3 years past the end of my treatment.
And unbelievably nearly 4 years since my diagnosis.
I've graduated to six monthly checkups with the oncologist - yippee! and six monthly also with the breast surgeon.

All good - no issues, although have had an MRI on my back as have been having a lot of back issues, only to find out that there are some disc issues probably relating to the two bad car accidents I had in my 20s.
Love it how those things come back to haunt you later - not!

My kids are doing well, they are now nearly 10 and 7 (they were 3 and 6 when I was diagnosed), and although they still think I should ask Santa for a new boob, we've all well and truly adjusted to the new normal.

I'm travelling well, hope you all are too.
Lotsa love
Janelle :grouphug:
Diagnosed Sept 08, RB Mastectomy ALND sept 08 - Triple Negative
chemo 3 FEC, 9 taxol. 25 RADS all done - YIPPEE

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 pm

:wave: :happydance: Great to hear you are going so well Nav. :clap:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Yay yowyow! Such an inspiration
Age 36, Mother 3 and 5 year old BOYS
Dx 9/3/11, Surgery 22/3/11 - IDC, 3 x tumours (5cm, 4mm, 3mm) - Multifocal, 13/26 lymph nodes -All nodes taken, Stage IIIC, Triple Neg, RB Mastectomy
M/C 21st Feb 2011 - Saved my life!
IVF completed 4/4/11 - 3 eggs
Reconstruction late Feb 2012/ early March 2012

Kazzie61
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kazzie61 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:12 pm

So good to hear of Triple Negs past the 5 year mark :clap:
Fantastic news Yow Yow...
I am nearly 18 months past diagnosis so stories like yours are very encouraging :D
Thanks for sharing your good news :wave:
Dx 5/10/10, Stage 1, Grade 3, Triple Negative.
Lumpectomy, Node Negative, 6 x TC Chemo, BMX with immediate DIEP 20/05/11
Dx stage 4, bone mets 20/05/12, liver mets 07/02/13
Radiation June 2012
Monthly Xgeva June 2012
Chemo...Paclitaxel/Gemzar December 2012
Chemo...Xeloda Feb 2013

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi everyone !!!

How are you all travelling ?

I am still same.... in may I hit 6 years from diagnosis YAY

Hope your all fantastic :hugs:
Nav

every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

pacwood
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby pacwood » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:15 am

gemini girl, I hope I keep as strong an outlook as you through my treatment! Im not letting my diagnosis rule my life! Im the boss of me and want to keep it that way!!

Blizz it is funny that the oncologists call triple neg, cool and special! Quite bizarre word choices I think!

My chemo journey is just about to begin and Im starting to wonder what impact it will have on my family, like I said I want to keep as much "normality" as possible.

Christie xoxo

Triple Negative BC.
RAD's x28 commencing 12/11. finished 23/1/2012!
Reconstruction time! Initial consultation February 2012 @ Peter Mac.

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:45 pm

That a beautiful your strengthened bond with your hubby. Any relationship that comes out of this stronger then ever is one to be admired. I think it is has alot to do with not sweating the small stuff anymore! A whole new perspective on life!
Age 36, Mother 3 and 5 year old BOYS
Dx 9/3/11, Surgery 22/3/11 - IDC, 3 x tumours (5cm, 4mm, 3mm) - Multifocal, 13/26 lymph nodes -All nodes taken, Stage IIIC, Triple Neg, RB Mastectomy
M/C 21st Feb 2011 - Saved my life!
IVF completed 4/4/11 - 3 eggs
Reconstruction late Feb 2012/ early March 2012

geminigirl
Guru
Guru

Postby geminigirl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 am

LOVE the word new word Blizz!!! I will have to use it sometime :D

Thank you for thinking of me and wondering how I am :hugs: I have been juggling life, children, gorgeous hubby and everything in between. After completing my chemo in Perth I relocated to Adelaide for the approx. 8 weeks of radio. This is closer to my extended family and much needed support with the children while DH kept working to pay the bills - I'm sure you all understand the tricky balance. Have been virtually off-line from my friends here on ABCF :( but happily surrounded by my beautiful family. Pretty extreme excuse to spend some time with them hey?!

I return to work at the end of next month and am really excited about the prospect! Trying to do all the things to make my "new life" complete and this is the last bit of the circle. The girls at work have been my soft place to land during treatment, being away from my family was probably the most difficult part. Having said that my husband and I have this amazing bond now and I thankfully have been able to draw all my strength from him who stood so tall for me, possibly to his own detriment from time to time but we managed and now have a beautifully unique bond.

Love to all. Ciao for now xxxxxx
:grouphug:
Diagnosed 11/11/10 with triple neg cancer.
38yo, wife and mother of 3 aged 13, 11 & 2.
32mm grade III invasive ductal. Lumpectomy. No nodes involved & clear margins.
4 x AC, 4 x Taxol + Neulasta in Perth, 35 Rads in Adelaide.

Blizz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Blizz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 pm

LOL Christie at you also being a "special" one :D
My oncologist told me at my first appointment that I have the 'hottest cancer in town'
Lucky us hey?

Geminigirl - have been wondering about you, you responded to my first post on this forum :)
I agree with your outlook completely, I also no longer ask the 'why me' question. I don't think I have done anything wrong, and that there is no point dwelling on it. It happened and what matters now is how I deal with it. And I most certainly don't want it to rule my life.

LML, :pmsl: @ gemininity

Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Lisa8 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:35 pm

I totally agree with your outlook on life post BC too, Geminigirl. Well done on getting through treatment and keep looking after yourself and having fun! :hugs:

Snowbunny
Guru
Guru

Postby Snowbunny » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:44 pm

I am with you all the way Geminigirl. I love hearing people like you. You have made me smile after a pretty rotten day.
Bec x

Return to “Triple Negative BC”