TRIPLE NEGATIVE - CHEMO TREATMENT OPTIONS

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
geminigirl
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: TRIPLE NEGATIVE - CHEMO TREATMENT OPTIONS

Postby geminigirl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Hello Sheree, I am also triple negative dx Nov last year. I have just completed my 8 cycles of chemo - 4 x AC & 4 a Taxol with Neulasta at each cycle as well. I was node negative & had a lumpectomy to remove the 3.8cm lump. I am 38 yo with 3 children aged 12, 10 & 2. All of us triple negs seems to have small children don't we??? I have no family history whatsoever, non-smoker etc etc. Very random & bizarre disease. All the very best with your treatment. I start radiotherapy next month which I am looking forward to just to get to the end of this era of our life - onwards & upwards for us!!

:hugs:
Diagnosed 11/11/10 with triple neg cancer.
38yo, wife and mother of 3 aged 13, 11 & 2.
32mm grade III invasive ductal. Lumpectomy. No nodes involved & clear margins.
4 x AC, 4 x Taxol + Neulasta in Perth, 35 Rads in Adelaide.

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 pm

I am not tripple negative Sheree, so did not reply. I had choloxomide, Epibrucen and taxol (spelling?) can't remember how many but know it went for about 8 months followed by radiation.

I hope all goes well for you today. :hugs:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

Angelice
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Angelice » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:41 am

Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Lisa8 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 am

Hi Sheree,

I did 4 AC every 2 weeks and 12 weekly taxol treatments. My tumour was 5.3 cm with 2 pos nodes. Over 3 years now from dx and all is fine.
Best wishes

Lisa :hugs:

After BC
Guru
Guru

Postby After BC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:49 pm

I just finished 6xTAC (3weekly) and achieved a complete pathological response.
I think there are differences between 2nd and 3rd generation chemo.
Dx Sep 10, Triple Negative, neoadjuvant chemo 6x TAC. Left breast mastectomy 0/5 lymph nodes. Complete pathological response. response. Currently having 26xrads

Rainenz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Rainenz » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi Sheree

I had 6 x AC when I had 6 pos nodes and that was 14 years ago.

Am nearly 5 years out from 2nd primary. Had 29 pos nodes and my treatment that time was 4 x FEC and 6 weekly Taxol.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment,
Lorraine :kiwi:

Dx Dec 1996 LB 3.6 medullary, 6/14 nodes... Tx Lump, 6 x AC and 30 x Rads
Dx July 2006 RB 3.5 IDC + DCIS, 29/34 nodes... Tx Lump/Mast, 4 X FEC, 6 X Taxol and 25 x Rads. Triple Neg. BRCA1+

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Today he told me that my biggest thing was getting onto "CHEMO".... I need "CHEMO" and he doesn't believe one to be more effective then the other, "CHEMO" is the key word.

He said that due to so many lymph nodes being involved that is evidence to suggest that the pre-cancerious microscopic cells that the chemo is to kill can by-pass the lymph nodes which is a real worry! It was a positive that my bone and ct scans were all clear, but there are no guarantees the cancer hasn't gone elsewhere like he suggested by-passing the lymph nodes... He said I had Stage 3C cancer and they need to hit it urgently with chemo.

I have a seroma which today they tried to drain and they couldn't get anything to drain from it other then blood. They want me to have an u/s in the morning to confirm it is not a hematomma. They are hoping it can be drained with the guidance of an u/s and that it, is not a hematomma.... if it is a haematomma, they will contact my surgeon to discuss whether it will resolve or is there a need for more surgery, which I am hoping not as I don't want to hold up my CHEMO treatment. Hoping for the best case scenario tomorrow!

They had already brought forward my chemo by 2 weeks, and I am pumped to get this started and over and done with.

He did say today I have a 60-70% chance of the cancer coming back somewhere even after this treatment... and yet Wade (my partner) said to him but she has a 75-80% chance survival doesn't she and he said Yes.... gosh these oncologists are confusing!

I asked him of the link to HPV and breast cancer as my sister watched a show yesterday called Dr Oz suggesting there is a link???? I asked him if he could test the specimen to check the link to HPV and he asked me what would that achieve... and I just said I would then know why I got this naughty cancer... oh gosh maybe I am reading into this all too much.. such a wave of emotions....
Age 36, Mother 3 and 5 year old BOYS
Dx 9/3/11, Surgery 22/3/11 - IDC, 3 x tumours (5cm, 4mm, 3mm) - Multifocal, 13/26 lymph nodes -All nodes taken, Stage IIIC, Triple Neg, RB Mastectomy
M/C 21st Feb 2011 - Saved my life!
IVF completed 4/4/11 - 3 eggs
Reconstruction late Feb 2012/ early March 2012

vespa
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby vespa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Sheree, I had one tumour, 1.9cm. I don't understand why some peoples chemo treatment differ from others, but try not to let it do your head in. Your onc will hopefully advise you the very best treatment for you and your circumstances. Just ask them whatever questions you need to, to make you satisfied. I don't think i questioned much at all as I was in such shock and went along with whatever I was told. It helped that my initial onc visit was with the head of oncology here in Geelong, and world renowned for his work in triple neg. Have you checked out the American triple neg website? I think it is called the tnbc foundation, maybe you will find some more info there.

Let us know how you get on this arvo.

Ginny.xx.
Diagnosed 7 May 2009 @ 34 yrs - lumpectomy and SNB 22 May 2009 - 1.9cm triple neg nodes all clear - FEC x 3/Taxotere x 3 - 30 x rads.

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby shereejoy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Ginny how big were your tumour/s????
Dx 9/3/11, Surgery 22/3/11 - IDC, 3 x tumours (5cm, 4mm, 3mm) - Multifocal, 13/26 lymph nodes -All nodes taken, Stage IIIC, Triple Neg, RB Mastectomy

vespa
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby vespa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi Sheree, I had same treatment as you in 2009 - 3 x fec and 3 x taxotere, then 6 weeks rads. I am triple neg too, my youngest was 10 months when I was diagnosed, and my eldest was 5 yo. I had a lumpectomy though, and sentinel node biopsy that was clear.
You'll get through it, it's tough but you'll get through it. Pm me if you need to.

Ginny.xx.
Diagnosed 7 May 2009 @ 34 yrs - lumpectomy and SNB 22 May 2009 - 1.9cm triple neg nodes all clear - FEC x 3/Taxotere x 3 - 30 x rads.

shereejoy
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

TRIPLE NEGATIVE - CHEMO TREATMENT OPTIONS

Postby shereejoy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 am

I had this post in Triple Negative sub category and I didn't get much of a response. Can anyone help. I have my oncologist appt this afternoon.

Can anyone give me any reassurances with treatments for Triple Negative Breast Cancers.

I will be getting FEC X 3 cycles, and TEXATERE X 3 cycles

Just interested what other treatments everyone else is getting or has had.

Thanks ladies.

Sheree xo
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
13/26 lymph node involvement
ER -, PR - , ER2 - (only by 2 biopsies, not by pathology)
Right Mastectomy and all nodes taken
Mother of 2 boys (3 & 5)

Return to “Triple Negative BC”